Model Cars Magazine Forum

Factory Super Stock. A990 Sedan

6bblbird

My only completion for 2016 but at least it got me back to the bench. I have some great projects planned for next year.

This is a replica of a factory built A990 sedan built by Chrysler specifically for Super Stock competition in "as delivered" condition.

For construction photos see the Drag Racing section. 

IMG_3521-vi.thumb.jpg.4403d5bd82ae43a81dIMG_3522-vi.thumb.jpg.08f10468de2b7fd0a3IMG_3524-vi.thumb.jpg.3b05e25f5e5dd1dfabIMG_3529-vi.thumb.jpg.ce972697cf12cffd14IMG_3528-vi.thumb.jpg.3fec9eb15ac7e20f7cIMG_3530-vi.thumb.jpg.2fe162abec62b96084IMG_3533-vi.thumb.jpg.c0185f45a7029aecef

Way cool. Well done. 

Just wish we didnt have to  buy 2 kits to  uild this. Come on Butch Leal kit please.

You're right, but it's not a bad thing to have extra parts! Here is what I'm doing with the "left over" body:

IMG_3535.thumb.jpg.0c39e3c6bc695502c3d3b

Oh wait! I just realized that I'll need another Belvedere II kit for the interior! :o

Edited by 6bblbird

You're right, but it's not a bad thing to have extra parts! Here is what I'm doing with the "left over" body:

IMG_3535.thumb.jpg.6772491ff5eb76a86c90d

Oh wait! I just realized that I'll need another Belvedere II kit for the interior! :o

Very nice job on that body. I just found one of those bodies that I had purchased from MCW several years ago.

I have a couple of those MCW bodies. Let me just say that it will be easier to get the results that I want using the Moebius body than dealing with repairing the resin, unwarping the hood, getting the grille to fit, etc.. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten some great MCW resin but the '65 Plymouth is not one of them.

WF

Edited by 6bblbird

I love everything about this!!, another perfect example that you don't need a lot of "go fast" stickers, or aftermarket parts to get the "i'm not quite sure I wanna challenge that car" look.  -Also, nice to see a clean garage for a change!, some of us still keep them clean;)