Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wish List for Aftermarket Parts in '17

What aftermarket parts would you buy if offered in 2017?

I'm still pining for 18" wheel/tire combos for 1/24-25 scale '60's and '70's American cars. Something not too big or wide, but larger with modern tread.

I'm interested to hear what is on your wish list.

(I'm just a builder. Not fishing for products to market :))

A PE set for the 1967-'68 Shelby Mustang. There's one for the '69, but none for the previous two model years. 

A year or so ago  (just checked, June 10, 2014), Bob posted to his Model Car Garage Facebook page about upcoming new releases. I believe there was a mention of a new sets for the '67-68 Shelby, most of what he mentioned has already been released. Perhaps there is more to come this year. The NNL East preview photo shows a Shelby set somewhere in the middle of the huge sheet.

Edited by Mike Chernecki

Standard (non-Cyclone) grille and wheelcovers for the new '65 Comet. (ETA: And standard front shock towers. And stock height front suspension...)

Accurate '46 Chevy grille for the Galaxie kits.

'62 and/or '63 Ranchero conversion (does someone already make this?).

'59 Chrysler 300 conversion.

And finally, a sure bet for some smart caster: Completely corrected '58 Plymouth body.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

And finally, a sure bet for some smart caster: Completely corrected '58 Plymouth body.

This won't be the next car after I finish the Shelby-----that'll be another box stocker. I have that Plymouth though dead on my radar screen as the next '50's car I do after I finish the box stock one. Hopefully I can get it going before the end of this year, and there are a couple more key things I need before I get started on 'er. 

I won't guarantee that I'll send the body off to a resin caster, but you'll certainly see where and how the corrections are needed to make what I think is sow's ear into a silk purse. ;)

A year or so ago  (just checked, June 10, 2014), Bob posted to his Model Car Garage Facebook page about upcoming new releases. I believe there was a mention of a new sets for the '67-68 Shelby, most of what he mentioned has already been released. Perhaps there is more to come this year. The NNL East preview photo shows a Shelby set somewhere in the middle of the huge sheet.

I'll be looking for it! Hopefully Bob will release it before I finish the Green Hornet. There are some things that are unique to the car, but I have Keith Mark's decal sheet to replicate those.

I also have a couple of the '67 kits, so it'll be nice to see those included on the PE fret.

my wish for 2017 is that someone buy out the Modelhaus business and continue their outstanding quality reproduction parts....

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.....

Everyone have a Happy New Year.....

Yes! Recently, I was looking for some H or J/78-15 tires (225 or 235/75-15 metric) for a Cadillac. I know the Modelhaus had some that would have worked for me.

I'm sure some white walls and black walls (for the police car builders) in the above sizes would sell well.

-'74 Chevelle or Malibu Classic conversion kit to be used with Missing Link '73 Chevelle.

-'62 Chevrolet Chevy II or Nova grill. I know Modelhaus did this, but as we all know it's not available anymore.

-Four Door Sedan '62-'65 Chevy II. I'd build a typical old Finnish Taxi from it.

-GM Iron Duke 4 cylinder engine (I'd use it for building a replica of my daily driver '92 Chevy S10).

-Aftermarket decals for a couple of legendary Finnish Drag Racers that I'd like to build replicas of.

-'87 Chevrolet Chevy Van grill. No one has done this, but I'd need it to be able to build a replica of my former daily driver...

Round 2 - wheel and white letter tire parts pack with the wide slicks from their funny car or dragster kits...  would like to update the tires in some old kits with these slicks.  I wonder if they could include the blower injector from the new re-issue wedge dragster as a bonus part.

Edited by Muncie

Round 2 - wheel and white letter tire parts pack with the wide slicks from their funny car or dragster kits...  would like to update the tires in some old kits with these slicks.  I wonder if they could include the blower injector from the new re-issue wedge dragster as a bonus part.

I'd like to see Round 2 offer the narrow cheater slicks from the Surf Woody in a parts pack as well. They're perfect for early 60's super stockers.

-Mopar Rally wheels : 1:24 70-71 style with separate trim rings and center caps, 1:25 72-75 style with separate trim rings and center cap, also.

-Chevy Rally wheels : 69-80 style, with different width and center caps. For Camaros, Corvettes, Malibus, etc

-American 200S "Daisy" 1:24 wheels : not the old Monogram ones, nice ones.

-Turbine wheels : for 1979 Camaro Z28

-1984 T/A wheels : for Monogram 1985 T/A

-1976 transkit  : for Monogram 1978 T/A

-1975 transkit : for Revell 1977 T/A

-1974 transkit : for Monogram 1970 T/A

-Firebird Esprit and Formula transkits

-Flat hoods for muscle cars

-Hemi hood : for Monogram Challenger T/A

-Knight Rider transkit : for MPC 1:16 1982 T/A

-1971 Transkit : for Monogram 1970 Malibu

-1970 stock hubcaps : for amt 1970 Monte-Carlo

-Correct seats : for Monogram 1971 Cuda

-Mickey Thompson Indy Profile : front and rear tires for both 1:24 and 1:25 street-machines

-TORQUE-TWISTER POS-A-TRACTION : front and rear tires for both 1:24 and 1:25 street-machines

-1976 transkit : for 1977 Monte-Carlo

-Stock coupe transkit : for Revell 1980 Cadillac

-Stock sedan transkit : for Revell 1980 Cadillac

-Firehawk Competition Package : for Monogram 1992 Firebird

That's a good start...

Edited by Young iron