Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell RoG 2017 releases: Panamera 2 and Porsche Junior 108

Certainly is, I'm just saying if MGM/Columbia wants too much to license the movie rights, I'll take a boring old DB5 without the tie-in just to have a kit of the car.

It doesn't make sense, I don't think it is just license, nor the price of it. If it would be too much, one would know before developing the kit, so something after making agreements came into play, stalling the project. It's not as black and white as we think it might be.

Agreed...a stock DB5 would be great regardless...a DB11 would be nice to see also.

No thank you, All the new AM's all look the same, I am a car enthusiast and I am interested in the whole species, but they don't do anything to me, they all look the same or with minuscule differences; no thank you.
The only modern AM I can appreciate is the Rapide, but I'd rather have a 'real' AM, like a Virage from the eigthies; beefy, manly cars! haha.

It doesn't make sense, I don't think it is just license, nor the price of it. If it would be too much, one would know before developing the kit, so something after making agreements came into play, stalling the project. It's not as black and white as we think it might be.

One would assume they secured the movie licensing rights early on in the product development...

It probably is very much that black and white. The Beemax M3 is an example of a kit that was nearly derailed by last minute licensing changes. BMW decided once it got time for approval that they wanted a SIX figure licensing fee. Beemax which had recently endured a nearly year long licensing fiasco with GM (the same one that tangled up the Galaxie Limited Coupe) and subsequent flatline sales of the Cruze had them teetering on the brink of pulling the plug with that huge fee being the primary reason.

Fortunately many of us were able to talk them off the ledge by pointing out the M3 is the most winningest vehicle ever made, and a bit more historically significant than a Cruze, combined with the dumpster fire that is the Fujimi kit. I put my money where my mouth was on that and have purchased 13 of them so far.

Edited by niteowl7710

.According to the article, built for coffee plantation use in Brazil...not sure of the rationale of the aerodynamic bodywork...

Bodywork wouldn't damage coffee plants. Gas powered too, diesel fumes/particulates makes lousy coffee. Only gas Porsche tractor, all the rest were diesels. 

Great looking purpose built implement. Very few left out of ~300. 

So, I was just browsing on the Facebook app and noticed a small, half photo of some new Revell products. I noticed quite quickly that it was going to be a 4-door Porsche and dug some further; they are going to release a Panamera 2! Not the prettiest of cars, but something I wouldn't mind getting.

07034.jpg

But I also noticed that they are going to put out a Porsche Junior 108! And that is very awesome!

07820.jpg

anybody know the scale of the tractor

And some other (re)releases:

07031.jpg

07032.jpg

07682.jpg

07050.jpg

And the 'Black Pearl'

05499.jpg

Porsche tractor with HRM 917 engine as puller. Mod the Fergie into an 8N with nice SBF DOHC, Gurney Weslake heads, or a nice Cosworth 

Friend has an 8N with a hot Merc flatty, trick heads, I forget which, and a cool vintage puller look. Can't find a pic of his, buried in cell. 

Then there's this 8N with a turbine. 

DSCN0021.jpg

Found a puller that's got a Scot on it, more crazy than my friend's

Related image

Porsche tractor with HRM 917 engine as puller. Mod the Fergie into an 8N with nice SBF DOHC, Gurney Weslake heads, or a nice Cosworth 

Friend has an 8N with a hot Merc flatty, trick heads, I forget which, and a cool vintage puller look. Can't find a pic of his, buried in cell. 

Then there's this 8N with a turbine. 

DSCN0021.jpg

Found a puller that's got a Scot on it, more crazy than my friend's

Related image

Those are gnarly!