Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chrysler 300 Convertible. First for 2017!

StevenGuthmiller

Steve, another beautiful model from your garage. Having built the hardtop a couple of years back, I can really appreciate the improvements you made - specially to the interior and engine bay. All the best for the remainder of the year.

Wow, that is a perfection! As always from your bench, an ultra clean and very well detailed Factory Stock build. It's nice to see these rare kits being built, especially when they're done this well. Everything looks so realistic that it would be hard to guess it's a model if it was used in that Real or Model Quiz. One of your bests in my opinion!

I love it! Super clean and crisp, excellent foil, beautiful interior detailing, etc. All go into the "Plus" category.

The only "minus" is that when you remove the top, there is nothing there. No folded top to be seen. Maybe you need to find a top boot that fits (or scratchbuild one) so that when the top is down, the boot covers the "missing" folded top.

Thanks everybody!

I really appreciate it!

I love it! Super clean and crisp, excellent foil, beautiful interior detailing, etc. All go into the "Plus" category.

The only "minus" is that when you remove the top, there is nothing there. No folded top to be seen. Maybe you need to find a top boot that fits (or scratchbuild one) so that when the top is down, the boot covers the "missing" folded top.

Thanks Harry!

I understand where you're coming from.

I was going to paint & keep the original top boot, but after modifying some things & adding the boot snap trim, it no longer fits.

I would either have to find a different one, or scratch something.

This model was never intended to be displayed without the up top.

I only removed it in a couple of photos so that the interior could be seen in place.

It may be the last time it's ever removed.

Most of my convertible builds with up tops have the top more or less permanently installed.

I decided to leave this one loose.

Steve

What's next ???? ;) What is your source for the hubcaps and the up top ?

Thank you Emmanuel!

On my bench at the moment is an AMT '63 Pontiac Bonneville hardtop.

The '62 Chrysler is an original '62 annual convertible & the kit came with the up top.

I was lucky enough to get a built up that included the boot & the up top.

Believe it or not, the 300 wheel covers are readily available.

They are included as an optional "custom wheel" in the AMT '58 Impala kit.

Steve

Thank you Emmanuel!

On my bench at the moment is an AMT '63 Pontiac Bonneville hardtop.

The '62 Chrysler is an original '62 annual convertible & the kit came with the up top.

I was lucky enough to get a built up that included the boot & the up top.

Believe it or not, the 300 wheel covers are readily available.

They are included as an optional "custom wheel" in the AMT '58 Impala kit.

Steve

Exact !!! I've totally forgotten about these hubcaps !!!!:o I surely have some in my parts box !!! Which year were there available on these cars ?