Model Cars Magazine Forum

Perry's Resin

I've never had the pleasure of dealing Perry's, but you could always try to contact him via his website to see if his stuff is still available.  I've seen some cool products that have my interest, but haven't attempted to buy on-line.

Copied from Perry's website:

Changes at Perry's

When I started Perry's Resin Replicas, I did so with a long term goal of someday opening a hobby shop. In November 2006, we did that. I had originally planned on continuing with Perry's in it's current form, but time isn't permitting that. With the hobby shop being a full-time, and, at this time, a seven day a week job, I've decided to trim Perry's back. We are dropping all the small parts and tires from the website, however they will still be available in the shop and at shows. They will NOT be available by mail or internet order.
The website will continue to operate and carry the body kits and conversions.

All current orders will be filled, however, no new orders for small parts and tires will be processed as of January 7, 2008.

Now, with time being freed up, this will allow us to bring new products to market.

Randy Frost"

Note the DATE posted on the memo - it apears that the website has not been updated in nearly10 years!

With that said, sounds like you can not buy anything from Perry's without stopping by his shop (which does not have an internet presencee the last time I checked), or catch him at a show.  Again, this is speculation based on the feedback I've read.

There are plenty reviews floating around the internet about sales with past customers.  Always worth checking into when looking to buy parts fromtehse Mom & Pops stores.

It's a shame really, I have several of his kits. Randy made a good product. Excellent quality and subjects no one else had. Service was never one of his strong points. I purchased my kits when he used to do the Toledo NNL or NNL East. The only item I ever ordered was the 1/16 Daytona Charger and it took over a year to get! I think his shop is called Dailey Hobbies and it's somewhere near Toronto. They have a website. He's also on Facebook.

• 1 month later...

What I can't figure is why he still has the website up---it hasn't been updated in 9 years...someone has to pay for the domain name and hosting..you would think he would take it down if he's not in the resin casting business anymore...weird..

Edited by Rob Hall

Just search the forum for posts about Perry's Resin... should tell you all you need to know. 

That being said, if you want something from Perry's, look for a secondhand piece online or at a sale, see if another caster is making it or something similar, or try making your own. That would seem like less of a headache to me. 

Edited by Chuck Most

I have been to his store many time at least 6 to 8 times every year.  I have looked every time I am in and there is none of his product in the store, I have only seen a couple of counter top turn around racks with after market products and not his stuff.  Not very often I am in and he is working.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Casey said:

Looks like Perry's may be making product again soon, at least according the the comments on the Perry's Resin fb page:

Whether they are back or not, I would be very skeptical of ordering from him unless it was on eBay where I had some protection. The shame of it all is that he had some great products over the years and he screwed it up with really poor customer service.

I only bought from him when he was a toy shows WITH product.  He'd sometimes bring one of his masters and try and get folks to buy them in advance.  Two guys I know, did that and never got their  conversions despite paying him at the shows.

A.J.