Model Cars Magazine Forum

My next build is out of world: Takara Tomy DMK03 Optimus Prime from Transformers: Age of Extinction. Now we just need the model of the Western Star 5700XE to go with it since this doesn't transform.100_3359.thumb.JPG.f6ff50f02805bb58606b1

Edited by weirich1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my take on the build--

Added some detailing with Testors Gold 1144, Silver 1146, and Gloss Red 1103. Tamiya Royal Blue X-3 was used on the sword and shield. All molded blue parts received 2 coats of Testors Glosscote Lacquer prior to assembly. I used images of Prime1 Studios, Comicave 1/22, AOE screen captures, and numerous images saved to my computer for detailing purposes.

The worst part of the assembly was popping the ball of the ankle pieces (E3, E4) into the legs; they all show stress marks thanks to the amount of force used to install them. I thought I was going to snap the round bars right off the pieces.

General assembly was amazing, all pieces fit together perfectly. Bravo!!

Decals were a challenge applying to the arms and torso, legs went on a lot quicker since there so many flat panels. I used both Walthers Solvaset and Testors Model master Decal Set solutions to assist in laying them down. 

I will post final images once decals are dry, clearcoated, and he's back together. The assembled images are pre-decals. 

100_3367.JPG

100_3365.JPG

100_3366.JPG

100_3362.JPG

100_3361.JPG

100_3363.JPG

100_3377.JPG

100_3376.JPG

100_3372.JPG

100_3371.JPG

100_3370.JPG