Model Cars Magazine Forum

I bought a 1985 GMC K3500 pickup new back in 1984. It was a loaded truck, with the 454, power everything, air, cruise, and about everything I could ask for. It was a single rear wheel model. I used that truck up...........flat out wore it out. I then decided to rebuild her and started gathering parts. I used the engine in a wrecker I had, so I bought a 502 HO crate engine. I got all new sheet metal for her, including a new cab complete, rust free. I sandblasted the frame, put new kingpins in it, new springs, new everything. And then we decided to move. SO..........................I ended up selling almost all of my trucks, cars, and tools. I simply had no room at the new house for them............the garage I HAD was 50 x 100 and was full. So everything had to go. Ever since that day ten years ago, I have been kicking myself. I started doing the same thing but in 1/25th scale. I gathered parts.................!! So, here is the start of my replica GMC K3500. I used a Fall Guy cab, a resin 8 foot body, and stretched the frame from the Fall Guy kit. I used a resin 14 bolt rear end and built my own 60 series front axle from pieces and parts. The engine came from a Monte Carlo kit as did the 400 Turbo transmission. I added proper panel lines to the cab as shown. I also made a cowl induction hood, as that was what I was going to use on my 1:1 truck. I found the proper bucket seats and console for the interior. And I have suceeded in adding yet ANOTHER project to my line of projects vying for my time!

Will add photos as soon as I can.......

Edited by redneckrigger

It seems that maybe the latest update to my "smart" phone did something to prevent me from posting photos, OR, maybe my smart phone is simply smarter than me! I figure I KNOW the answer, but simply don't want to admit it! So, here is a second effort....................

IMG_1990_zpsiboiniyo[1].jpg

IMG_2363_zpsd5ubtpap[1].jpg

IMG_2369_zps7xtm844k[1].jpg

IMG_2370_zpsn2k4130r[1].jpg

IMG_2372_zpsf7kpxf5w[1].jpg

IMG_2373_zpsaiyap9zk[1].jpg

IMG_2374_zpsddc8er1s[1].jpg

IMG_2433_zpsvpzwnvjt[1].jpg

IMG_2434_zpsjva9ehrj[1].jpg

Edited by redneckrigger

I give up.....................................using Photobucket as supposed to, I am being told "file does not exist", or that the size is too large and I am simply unable to post any more photos. AND, when I asked a question in the "How To Use This Forum", when I entered the question, THEN the photos I was TRYING to post HERE, posted THERE. Guess this old fart has finally reached the limit of his abilities. Signing off..............It was fun while it lasted. Done.

IMG_2374_zpsddc8er1s[1].jpg

IMG_2433_zpsvpzwnvjt[1].jpg

IMG_2434_zpsjva9ehrj[1].jpg

IMG_2435_zpsrxbpyxeo[1].jpg

IMG_2436_zps8pkqnmv0[1].jpg

Edited by redneckrigger

Original truck was code 29 dark blue.....................never did make up my mind what color to paint it when I finished rebuilding it, and still don't know whether this is going to be red or the original blue. I had two full interiors for the original truck, the original blue and a full set of red, just so I could go either way.

My truck is a 84 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 long bed....I need one of those beds...LOL..  Then I can make a replica of it too...mine is medium metallic blue.

Me too, mines an 84 K20.

Looks great so far though!!

Tom, I gave up on Photobucket and switched to Flickr. I stopped having problems after that. I was having trouble even loading pictures to Photobucket.

Me too, mines an 84 K20.

Looks great so far though!!

Tom, I gave up on Photobucket and switched to Flickr. I stopped having problems after that. I was having trouble even loading pictures to Photobucket.

I will check Flikr out.....................never used it, but I CAN tell you the latest experience trying to load photos here got me just a BIT riled up! Will give it a look.....thanks!

I will check Flikr out.....................never used it, but I CAN tell you the latest experience trying to load photos here got me just a BIT riled up! Will give it a look.....thanks!

This site has been acting a little funny too. Since I've switched I've never had a problem posting photos, but once in a while when I post a comment it will act slow then double post.

• 5 weeks later...

Shot the color coat.............came out pretty good. We will see what it looks like after drying for a few days. Did it with PPG ShopLine Enamel, GM Code 29 Dark Blue reduced with PPG ShopLine Mid Temp Reducer. Flows out very well. Will wait a week or more to dry completely, then get rid of any nibs that show up and buff as needed to get rid of any orange peel or shrinkage that shows up. Still, pretty happy with it so far. Boy, this brings back memories of my old truck! It also brings back memories of painting the many square body GMC/Chevy trucks I did over the years I owned my body shop................just like painting the real thing, only tinier! DEJA-VU!

DSC_0009_zps0b7yiqmc.jpgDSC_0004_zpsjn5m2tmf.jpgDSC_0003_zpsgeqi4uh6.jpgDSC_0002_zpsgvbxntbj.jpg

My truck is a 84 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 long bed....I need one of those beds...LOL..  Then I can make a replica of it too...mine is medium metallic blue.

I got the beds from Kris Morgan, right here on these forums................superb quality work. This is what he sent me when I ordered them: The beds are $15.00 plus $7.95 shipping  for up to 4 beds. Our PayPal address is amorgan615@yahoo.com We would also take a U.S. Postal Money Order.

I'm glad to see you got the photos working.

This is my kind of build, one you owned. Has to be what go you going again, Tom!

The paint looks really smooth ... The rims look cool ...

Thanks Mike.............yeah, that old girl was a real beast, and would have been even better if I had ever gotten her done. But this is the next best thing, and in some ways better.....I can make it any way I want and change it at will! Paint looks good so far, but time will tell after it dries a bit. I don 't use hardener so it may have some shrinkage. Trying to get it done for NNL East.....!

I got the beds from Kris Morgan, right here on these forums................superb quality work. This is what he sent me when I ordered them: The beds are $15.00 plus $7.95 shipping  for up to 4 beds. Our PayPal address is amorgan615@yahoo.com We would also take a U.S. Postal Money Order.

Thanks Tom...I will have to see what i can do to get me one.  Nice paint...my 1 to 1 is Medium Metallic Blue..in most spots..LOL..