Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maserati 3500 GT, 1st out of the gate

bbowser

Out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, opening doors and all, but I'm pleased with how it came out.  The kit is built OOB and the fit a detail are pretty good IMO.  Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

DSCN2410.JPG

DSCN2430.JPG

DSCN2431.JPG

DSCN2436.JPG

DSCN2438.JPG

DSCN2433.JPG

Edited by bbowser
replaced pics deleted from PB

Very nice! Looks like you got all the opening panels to fit quite well, which makes a huge difference when you see the model all closed up. Excellent job. But i do question the use of a 2x4 as a hood prop. Not very Italian. You might want to scratch something up from wire,

Very nice! Looks like you got all the opening panels to fit quite well, which makes a huge difference when you see the model all closed up. Excellent job. But i do question the use of a 2x4 as a hood prop. Not very Italian. You might want to scratch something up from wire,

LOL!  I just grabbed a couple toothpicks off the bench for the pictures but you're right, a bit crude in 1/24 scale.

Actually, it's 1:25. The wire wheels are okay, but hard to find better replacements. For those interested in the kit, note that it's the 2nd generation fuel-injected GTi version, though many owners reverted to the Weber carb version. Not a tremendously accurate kit, but the only game in town, and this is as good a box-stock build as you'll find anywhere – just excellent. 

Edited by sjordan2