Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon.

Lovefordgalaxie

Started on December 29 with the painting of the body Tamiya Maroon, this kit was finished this Wednesday. Just a quick project to get in the mood for more Fords. 

This year, I plan on only building Ford cars, and nothing else. Still have to finish a 1/12 scale '57 Bel Air for my cousin, but that is almost done. The next car will be a 1948 Ford Custom Coupe, for the same cousin. He wants it as a '60s custom, and I'm planning to get a stock body for it if possible. Think the chopped body is really ugly and disproportional. if only he wanted a factory stock '48... Well, one can dream. 

Back to this baby here, I have her since '99. I'm not much of a fan of wagons (specially woodies) but since it was a Ford, and I was buying the convertible at the same store... 

Well, the wagon sit untouched for about ten years, when I ruined the original box to get a road print it had on the bottom. Relocated the parts to a mailing box, and that ended giving me some unexpected trouble latter.

Last December, I got the old wagon kit to "steal" it's tires, as I wanted the Good Years for my Sedan Coupe build. The wagon was built with the tampo printed wide whites no names from the Sedan Coupe kit. 

The wood resulted so so, as it was my first time trying to replicate the stuff on a body, and one can say it's just painted plastic from far. 

The relocation of the parts from the original box resulted in losing one of the tailgate handles. Tiny chrome piece, lost God knows when. Replaced both with some handles from my parts box. Not stock, but close. 

Also, somehow, the paint on the cowl resulted darker than the rest. The body was painted with the same paint, and all parts at the same time, so I really got puzzled with what happened. I just noticed it when had already did the wood, so I decided to leave it as is, and not to give it a second coat of maroon. 

Hope you guys like her. 

1948 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr