Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 ford woody (gluebomb series) > rodded> 99% done pics

crazyrichard

thnx guys :)

very carefull dryfit

removed the small parts from the double sided tape they where on for painting

removed the turn signal lenses , edges still rough they are smooth now thats overflow from the clear orange ...they have so much depth they are scary realistic with those ridges under the clear .. we really have lenses like this on old cars in europe

put them on the car and decided not to paint the raised molded bezels chrome just put them on like this .. since the headlight dont have any chrome

thnx :)

just put the grille - hood ornament and the badge on the nose of the hood on ... luckely all the chrome stayed in tact ..

logos got a wash with black

colorwise it looks horrible on pictures !! its more purple on pictures and irl what looks so purple is much darker .. big difference between visual irl and picture its just light hitting it .. i will make some outdoor pics later those often seem to show colors better ..

the ride hight will be a tad higher its just on the wheels with no chassis or suspension , i will build the chassis / suspension and engine last and tailor fit it to the body ..

i taped of the rear side windows and painted the part that was molded in the clear representing the wood skeleton on the inside ..

to become one piece with the rest and wood ceiling

glass and wood in

before i kind of did a dumb thing , the front doors had small windows with a piece of molded wood in the clear .. i didnt realise it was running through to the rest .. i cut those of hoping to put the small windows in in a opened way (popped out) ..

o now i didnt have the front door inner wood , you dont see a lot of it when its all together but it just has to make sense for me ..

here is the front piece i needed to fill

made a paper template and cut one out of plastic

got this , same shape as the small windows had on them , scratched a slight woord grain pattern in it

atm i have scracthed the doors panelline in it so it runs through into the side winowd wood frame

finshed the front door inner wood pillar and put them in , a tad more crude then the cast but better then nothing

made windows in the rear hatch  , used bayern clear sheet for that , same gloss as the kit glass

the leather shot through the glass

the new made pillar with the interiour in place

finished interiour on top , painted the rest flat black

then the chassis work could begin !

dryfitted everything and man this will never work ! this ford will get modern airride suspension ..the only way to get this wagon slammed , its harder in kitform then irl i think because the way the kit gos together with a loose interiour tub , loose floor and then te chassis

here you can see it all sticks out beyond he running boards ....

the black line from a marker shows how much it sticks out

the chassis was not a hollow cast but massive so i grinded it down .. and removed the low cross member .. going all custom on this chassis

now the next dryfit shows when its even loose and not glued without tension the running bords are a hair of the ground when the chassis sits on the table ..

this only can become less when its all glued , so perfect and later on no weirdness sticking out from below

seen from below

finished interiour on top , painted the rest flat black

230a4c5821188bc8edfe3fd80e76bc31.jpg

then the chassis work could begin !

dryfitted everything and man this will never work ! this ford will get modern airride suspension ..the only way to get this wagon slammed , its harder in kitform then irl i think because the way the kit gos together with a loose interiour tub , loose floor and then te chassis

here you can see it all sticks out beyond he running boards ....

f1a8ffb4c3919dba94d78b5794b0ad38.jpg

the black line from a marker shows how much it sticks out

8912cd8a13d1224173cd8d6714272bbd.jpg

the chassis was not a hollow cast but massive so i grinded it down .. and removed the low cross member .. going all custom on this chassis

da3f8082b2fdfc4556586120dfa7744c.jpg

now the next dryfit shows when its even loose and not glued without tension the running bords are a hair of the ground when the chassis sits on the table ..

this only can become less when its all glued , so perfect and later on no weirdness sticking out from below

7fb7bfa38659a76d7ad3609be9bc3060.jpg

6778ac547cc22c29dad509aefc1566b8.jpg

seen from below

96eed91dd05fb246ce742956b5936ee6.jpg

Looking PERFECT!!!!

So i cut out all the old stuff in the front of the chassis and put in a low and more moder crosmember .

the suspension .. i have tbh i smuggled a tiny bit , on my defence when its all together you cant see it , not from the top or bottom .. so i didnt feel like putting in a lot of work for something that you really cant see later on ..

nice thing > the stance will be uberlow , slammed airsuspension ..and with a engine in nothing hits the ground .. everything clears ..

the new crossmember with the body on , i can fit the flathead v8 or put in a larger more modern v8 loads of clearance .. not sure yet what i should do .. i love flatheads ...

stance wise i wnet for the narrow look wheels more tucked in i love how it looks on this ford ! front is really sitting on the wheels ..the rear is not , just loose wheels under there , i need to work on the rear suspension next and get the wheel a tad more inwards

i just glued on the top part of the x member .. that needs bondo on the seams .. but it looks great