Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 13 - April 8, 2017

Danno

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC  13  

Model Car Championship and Slot Car Concours

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Phoenix, AZ

Second Saturday, Every April

• SWAP MEET - More than 30 Vendors and Aftermarket Sellers!
  • Dozens of Classes + Slot Car Classes!
  • Junior Classes
  • Awards for 1st-2nd-3rd Place Each Class
  • Six (6) Master Awards
  • Four (4) Special Awards
  • Junior and Senior Awards
  • Free Make-N-Take for Kids 12 & Under
  • Large, Comfortable New Venue
  • Vast, Free Parking
  • Instant, OnLine Registration
  • New! OnLine Payment Ability
  • Watch for Breaking News at the All-New Website:  
  • Desert Scale Classic website
  •  

Edited by Danno

Have it marked on the calendar! Hope to be there again this year as last year was such a great event. Medical issues have kept us back home on Vancouver Island this winter, so hope to make it down by the beginning of April.

Cheers to all involved inplanning the DSC this year! 

Misha

OnLine Entry Registration (with payment feature) is up and running.

OnLine Swap Meet Vendor Registration (with payment feature) is up and running.

OnLine Trophy/Awards Sponsorship Registration (with payment feature) is up and running also.

Beat the lines on event day - pre-register OnLine.  Buy the trophy package you want to sponsor OnLine.  Reserve your space in the Swap Meet OnLine.

It couldn't be any easier!

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 13

Soon, Russ.  Soon. 

Just as soon as we can.  But, we are waiting on a third party's final approval before we announce. 

It would be counter-productive to announce it now.  If the final approval fell through, we'd have to go to our fall back location.  Then, upon announcing another new location, total confusion and chaos would likely ensue.  We just don't want to unnecessarily inject confusion into the situation.  So, we'll wait just a little longer.

In the meantime, be advised the new location is hardly more than 3 miles from the old one, if that helps.  B)

• 5 weeks later...

Arizona's Biggest and Best!  

• Great new venue.
  • Check out our brand new website:   DesertScaleClassic.com
  • Tons of features ~ OnLine Entrant Registration ~ OnLine Vendor Registration ~ Vendor Listings ~ Sponsor HotLinks

Still Awards/Trophy Sponsorships Available, but . . . Hurry!

Still Vendor space Available.

DSC13Flyer2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Only five weeks away!

Register OnLine for vendor space at our expo/swap meet -or- register your entries OnLine!  Don't waste time in line on event day when you could be shopping!

All day raffle.

Free Make-N-Take for kids 12 & under. 

New awards!

New venue!

You never compete against the host club at Desert Scale Classic!

http://desertscaleclassic.com

DVCC_South_entrance.thumb.JPG.25a43995c6

Edited by Danno

• 3 weeks later...

ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!!

Great new venue!   Lots of action!  Check out the details on our new website:  http://www.desertscaleclassic.com/home.html

Hot New Awards!

Online Instant Registration now available - don't wait until the last minute - avoid the lines and delays on event day.

(Online Registration will end at Noon on Friday, April 7, 2017.  Register now!)

Hundreds of Entries / Competitors from all over the Southwest / Dozens of Vendors / Never Compete Against the Host Club Members / Free Make N Take for Kids 12 & Under / All-Day Raffle

Don't Miss This One!!

Wow!  Only 10 days away!!

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 13 is right around the corner, and this  one will be the best DSC yet!

There's so much happening and shaping up to make it a memorable event - it's just too much for a forum post.  You gotta check out the website . . . see what's going on!

DSC13 - Link to a Good Time

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC  - Your Key to a Great Time in the Desert

It's so crazy cool, we have a commemorative key chain available to remind you every day of the killer time you had - or could have had - at DSC!

20170327_102348_001.jpg

Edited by Danno

Hi Danno,

Really looking forward to this !!!    I will be bringing a good bunch of Historic Racing Miniatures stuff  (if I don't get cleaned out by next week:D) but will not have any Clearly Scale goodies as my first delivery is not coming in till later in the month.

If you can,  put me next to Laski Scale so I can clean Art out of Pro Tech goodies when he's not looking:)

Thanks my friend !

Randy

Edited by Randy D

WoW!  

Randy ~~ Looking forward to seeing you -- and your incredible brass artistry -- at DSC!   Too bad about the Clearly Scale goodies, but I'm anxious to see your HRM goodies!  Guess I can put a couple of bags of cash back in the bank for now.  :D

I don't know about putting you guys next to each other . . . I've always found it best to separate the rowdies!  Of course, that'll be hard to do in a room full of rowdies!    :lol::lol:

TOMORROW!

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 13

Deer Valley Community Center, 2001 W.Wahalla Ln., Phoenix, AZ 85027   (Near I-17 & Loop 101 Freeway)

No admission for spectators

Championship Competition for Model Cars and Slot Cars - Free Make -N- Take for Kids - Swap Meet & Vendor Expo - Food & Beverage by Queso Good - 93 Awards + 15 Master Awards  

Check out the great vendors, including M&S Hobbies, Model Builder's Warehouse, Laski Scale Details, Tru Color Paints, Zetcars (Modelhaus distributor), Ranger Detail Technologies, AZ Die  Cast, Tom Neu's Slixx Distributorship, Mark's Model Mart, Bernie's Bargain Barn, Queso Good Food Truck, and . . . [drum roll, please] . . . quite possibly . . . a big surprise ~ can you say MasterCaster (Greg Wann) resins? 

See you Saturday!