Model Cars Magazine Forum

TAT Brockway 361 "Mountaineer" FINISHED !!!

finally time for a weekend update ~~  Oh boy its been  good week too.. I added a pretend drip rail to the firewall to hold the hood after hinging it, and cleaned up all the stray cuts. The hinge was made from brass tube / music wire .

20170218_110657_zpsncbu4eus.jpg

20170218_113611_zpsawtpifgb.jpg

20170218_113246_zpsbieyvoqh.jpg

20170218_113252_zpskttxgyi6.jpg

20170218_113240_zpsils46beh.jpg

I'm really pleased how thin this cab was, Ive seen a few that were seriously thick , making this process almost impossible without making resin dust clouds !! I did lightly thin the edges for a more to scale appearance, trying to improve my cleanliness during construction.

You should be pleased . Everything you've done looks great !

Be Well

Gator

Its been unseasonably warm here in the great white north, so I stole a chance to take the Husky outside for a shot of primer..and COLOR !! Taking advice from Dave I sprayed the cab with duplicolor primer, then after drying overnight a light coat of Tamiya white to brighten the upcoming color coats.

I grabbed the chassis heading out the door also , decided the frame would look good in black..the battery boxes will be yellow like the cab.

Hopefully you can see my attempt at adding a few airlines to the brakes, not up to the level of other builds here.

The cab after its first coat of paint , bear in mind the hood and fenders will be black.

stay tuned for more soon !

Fine work sir! That is really looking great. The thick cabs you saw were probably mine, lol. Daves are made from a completely different master so Im sure theyre thinner. Thats why I dont cast anymore ?

LOL the ones Ive seen where an older cab he used to have, knew hes been working on thinning them up . One Brockway comes to mind that a local builder built and he would attend shows carrying a large zip bag half full of resin he removed from the bodies..

We have a paint job !!!!  enjoy the pics !

I picked up a set of diamond plate fenders from AITM, absolutely pleased how they look . I actually cut one in half , making quarter fenders keeping the theme going. A quick coat of deep gloss black.

any comments welcome !!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found a few minutes for an update..but before I get to the Brockway I wanted to show a pic of how big our little girl has gotten since the beginning of the project ! She's closing in on 10 months, and been giving the pets a serious game of chase the baby!!

ok back to the plastic

I gave the engine a light wash of engine grime pigments to give it a few road miles cause these trucks actually worked ! I'll dust the exhaust once more w rust powder before closing it up.

The rear fenders were hung for good after grinding tons of resin from underneath..arggg. I used a set of dm 800 hangers for them

The one part I was putting off was the curved "glass" windshield panels, but turned out much easier than I expected .Everything was secured w white glue then a coat of future to seal them in and hide any fine blemishes. One more test fit before installing the interior and bolting down the cab !

I fabbed up the exhaust pipes from 1/8 rod and robbed a stack from the autocar . everythings waiting for chrome now