Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Plymouth Coupe: Finished (Photos Restored)

David G.

Just now, misterNNL said:

Actually one of the girls in my class in high school drove a  brand new '59 Edsel to school some times and it was maybe too different for my blue bowtie tastes. Her dad worked for an area Ford dealer. In the this period only the "rich" kids ever drove to school. We all rode the school bus. Those years I personality perfered the Chevy designs. No glaring or malicious intent in my statement was intended.

19 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Actually one of the girls in my class in high school drove a  brand new '59 Edsel to school some times and it was maybe too different for my blue bowtie tastes. Her dad worked for an area Ford dealer. In the this period only the "rich" kids ever drove to school. We all rode the school bus. Those years I personality the Chevy designs. No glaring or malicious intent in my statement was intended.

No worries Tom. I was just reminded of that strange interaction a few years ago in the hobby shop. The polarizing nature of this one particular car model just strikes me as odd. I can't really think of another car model that elicits such strong negative opinions from some people. I've heard it referred to in such derogatory terms as an "abomination" to various insulting anatomical references which can't be quoted here.

But as I said, no worries.

Regards,

David G.

• 11 months later...

Beautiful build of an odd looking car. For a short time, I had a 42 Plymouth (yes they did make them through February before going over to tank production). It was repainted in the 60s brown and had these as driving lights. Evidently, vintage motorcycle lights.

61ojrkCBvzL.jpg

28 minutes ago, Calb56 said:

Beautiful build of an odd looking car. For a short time, I had a 42 Plymouth (yes they did make them through February before going over to tank production). It was repainted in the 60s brown and had these as driving lights. Evidently, vintage motorcycle lights.

61ojrkCBvzL.jpg

Thank you for the compliment Charles. I think they're beautiful cars, kind of the last of the Art Deco style of the 20's and 30's.

Your Plymouth must have looked cool with those driving lights, do you have any photos of it?

Thanks again for your comment, it's fun to see these old threads pop to the surface again.

David G.