Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Chevelle Wagon

Alan

Ace, It had 2 fours on it at first then switched it up lol ....... The color is actually a very dark metallic blue, it really pops out in the sun .....

boy, I AM gettin' old, sure looks black to me.....hell, give it a couple more year's it will look pink to me...:lol: lol...lol...glad you finished a wagon, mine, as usual, is getting dusty on the bench.......the Ace....:D

Get on that one will ya, I like the direction you are going with it. blow off the dust !!!! , my wagon has been done for a long while, it was my first build after getting back into building .....

I need you to stand over me with a whip, I get side tracked and work a bit here and there on other car's that are on the go as well. at one point paint will get done on the body once I choose a two tone deal I can settle on.......thanks for the encouragement ....the Ace...:D

That's a nice looking build.

I had similar trouble with dark blue metallic appearing black in photos.

I guess the paint relies on stereoscopic vision to make it seem more blue...or something.

Something I tried which seemed to improve things, was to use the manual white balance setting on your camera. It brightens up things up a bit. 

That's a nice looking build.

I had similar trouble with dark blue metallic appearing black in photos.

I guess the paint relies on stereoscopic vision to make it seem more blue...or something.

Something I tried which seemed to improve things, was to use the manual white balance setting on your camera. It brightens up things up a bit. 

Thanks, I added a couple of pics that show the blue ..............