Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Mustang - Project "Lenora" - Eleanor's PSYCHO sister- update 3/6 In second-stage primer

RestoModGuy

Where is the other door?

Her sister Eleanor got upset and ripped it off....  

I haven't set the jambs and hinge yet for the passanger door. Maybe this week I'll have both operational then start on the ground effects splitters and such. Wanting to get this in primer soon. 

Custom chassis and interior set too. This will be a long build... shooting for mid-April completion maybe, depending how good the skiing is here in Colorado and how much time I spend in the mountains

Lol, where in Colorado?  

South of Denver in Highlands Ranch, you?

I am loving this build, I am putting together parts to do something similar only not quite as wild.

I like everything about it so far except the hood scoop, its a little to bulky and has too much Mopar flavor in it... lol

Thanks for the input on the hood.... It has to be that bulky due to the massive motor I'm stuffing into it.

The scoops are evolving still, I'm working on adding some contour lines to visually bulk it down a bit. I'm also going to have a unique stripe that will also minimize the "Mopar flavor" appearance. 

for me the the body looks chopped, are you planning a chop, too?

The rendering isn't scaled of course and when I look at the picture and the designers description doesn't appear to be chopped, however the appearance does give note to a newer Mustang roofline perhaps a 2014.

I have made an appearance modification to the side windows and windshield by adding a strip of plastic along what was the top edge to give a "chopped" appearance. It's subtle, but it does give the roofline a updated look

BeforePhoto_2017-01-10_01-16-391.thumb.jpg.de7    AfterPhoto_2017-01-11_01-08-461.thumb.jpg.dea 

To be honest. I liked the stock hood better.  I know there's not much you can do to stuff that much engine u see the hood so I get why you went the way you did on the hood.

The rest is looking really good, and I am going to borrow the idea for the door hinges.

I'm all the way North across the city from you up in Westminster.

I think that scoop looks bad a....

Thanks Mike... Wish we had more builders in the area, I never hear of any contests in the area, do you?

Really cool idea on the hood. Really like the over all look especially with the hood.

Thanks, it's been an evolution considering this is supposed to be a bit "PSYCHO" and a widebody racer style the hood is starting to fit the theme I'm after.

To me the hood scoop is a tad wide, would be kool to have flipped the air intakes to the rear of the super Charger and tucking them into the firewall area. Would allow for a narrower scoop and not so bulky on the nose.... just my two cents........

DrKerry... I appreciate the feedback, and yes it's a bit "large". The width is actually the same as the hood-scoop from a 68 Shelby, it's what I used to mold to. If you look at a 68 it's the same width with the two slot intakes, I took that and raised it similar to the "Eleanor" hood bump, I think I created a blend of the 68 and the Eleanor hood style and made it fit the PSYCHO style I'm shooting for. 

To be honest. I liked the stock hood better.  I know there's not much you can do to stuff that much engine u see the hood so I get why you went the way you did on the hood.

The rest is looking really good, and I am going to borrow the idea for the door hinges.

Thanks for the feedback... I knew this hood would not be accepted by some, yeah it's a bit larger than I would have created or designed, and yes I considered re-routing the air intakes to the side rear, however, the massive DOHC twin supercharger and the air-intakes being up front is a feature I like when you open the hood, in my opinion it makes this build a bit more PSYCHO.

Thanks Mike... Wish we had more builders in the area, I never hear of any contests in the area, do you?

Thanks, it's been an evolution considering this is supposed to be a bit "PSYCHO" and a widebody racer style the hood is starting to fit the theme I'm after.

DrKerry... I appreciate the feedback, and yes it's a bit "large". The width is actually the same as the hood-scoop from a 68 Shelby, it's what I used to mold to. If you look at a 68 it's the same width with the two slot intakes, I took that and raised it similar to the "Eleanor" hood bump, I think I created a blend of the 68 and the Eleanor hood style and made it fit the PSYCHO style I'm shooting for. 

Thanks for the feedback... I knew this hood would not be accepted by some, yeah it's a bit larger than I would have created or designed, and yes I considered re-routing the air intakes to the side rear, however, the massive DOHC twin supercharger and the air-intakes being up front is a feature I like when you open the hood, in my opinion it makes this build a bit more PSYCHO.

tell ya, as long as your happy with what ya build that's all that matters my friend!!!!!!!! For others giving ideas on what you do is just their perspective on something from their point of view or style.... I think it looks bad to the bone!!!!!!!!

I don't know of any clubs or contests here in the Denver metro area.  There is of course the railroad club at union station, and never miss a chance to point out the best model railroad hobby store around, "CABOOSE HOBBIES"!

Thanks for the Model Car group update Mike... Sad it's not as cool as a hooby-craft as other areas of the country.

I used to be into Model-RR, got too expensive... That said, so has my model car addiction, easily spent $3k the past 2 years on "grail" kits and parts and supplies. 

Sadly Caboose Hobbies that I started going to when it was downtown in the 70's then to Broadway is closed as far as I knew. Did they relocate?

Thanks for the Model Car group update Mike... Sad it's not as cool as a hooby-craft as other areas of the country.

I used to be into Model-RR, got too expensive... That said, so has my model car addiction, easily spent $3k the past 2 years on "grail" kits and parts and supplies. 

Sadly Caboose Hobbies that I started going to when it was downtown in the 70's then to Broadway is closed as far as I knew. Did they relocate?

great news...Caboose Hobbies has reopened in their new location in Lakewood.

https://www.denverite.com/