Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Mustang - Project "Lenora" - Eleanor's PSYCHO sister- update 3/6 In second-stage primer

RestoModGuy

Outstanding work!  This is coming together very nicely...the stance and flares look dead on, cant wait to see more.

I love Gary Ragles work! I often check out the portfolio section of his website for inspiration... He is lucky and talented enough to be working with the "big dogs" in the custom car scene right now, a lot of those sema builds everyone drools over are coming out of his studio.

I love Gary Ragles work! I often check out the portfolio section of his website for inspiration... He is lucky and talented enough to be working with the "big dogs" in the custom car scene right now, a lot of those sema builds everyone drools over are coming out of his studio.

Thank you Eric, coming from a master craftsman as you that's a high complimant. 

Yes, I'm so impressed with his designs and have collaborated on a build of his design the ZR59 last year with another builder in California who we showed the build to both Ragle and the cars builder and owner.

I was at SEMA 2016 for the first time and yes, many top builders had cars there that were his design concepts.

I am also working on his radical designed Corvair as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Decided on an insane engine for "Lenora" the PSYCHO sister needs a wild power-plant. Clearly Scale masters a 351 5.7L twin "MonsterCharger".  It's huge to say the least, it just fits the personality of this car I think.

Needed to cut away a big opening in the stock hood to make clearance and while I'm not a fan of things sticking out of hoods, its going to be covered with a very modified '68 Shelby twin scoop hood. It's raised, a lot... This is just the first layer of the molding in process, it will be formed and smoothed. Will use a mesh screen behind the openings.

Photo_2017-02-07_08-57-05.thumb.jpg.f0ff

Photo_2017-02-07_19-52-24.thumb.jpg.c1cd

Photo_2017-02-08_00-13-59.thumb.jpg.a11c

Photo_2017-02-08_00-05-50.thumb.jpg.a9b4

sick ! love the scoop (engine too) the scoop ties in all the wide stuff and makes it one whole .. with a smooth hood or small scopp it would not have been this dramatic ..

your eye for proportions is great , there are only a few projects like this where ts been transformed into a brutal wide and massive machine that i like , on a lot of builds like this proportions get lost and something just looks werid .. so far yours looks spot on !

ps will you make something under the sides ? like a small side skirt ? i think it doest even needs something hudge there or bulky just a understated side skirt with a nice flow and shape would really be awsome i kind of like the fact its got clearance under the sides and front / back .. its musscle but still got a racy feel

sick ! love the scoop (engine too) the scoop ties in all the wide stuff and makes it one whole .. with a smooth hood or small scopp it would not have been this dramatic ..

your eye for proportions is great , there are only a few projects like this where ts been transformed into a brutal wide and massive machine that i like , on a lot of builds like this proportions get lost and something just looks werid .. so far yours looks spot on !

Thanks Richard, I appreciate the comments and yes, this build is a wild one and I'm careful to not take proportions out of alignment to the entire design. The Ragle design has a small, almost stock scoop that didn't look right to me, so I've pumped it up. Notice the hood design isn't far off from the actual Eleanor bump. I needed to increase the height and added the air-intakes for the twin air-flow units. I'm very happy with it so far.

ps will you make something under the sides ? like a small side skirt ? i think it doest even needs something hudge there or bulky just a understated side skirt with a nice flow and shape would really be awsome i kind of like the fact its got clearance under the sides and front / back .. its musscle but still got a racy feel

Oh yes, the full ground effect treatment will be coming soon as to front airdam and splitters along with side splitters that will integrate with the wheel vents and chassis. The rear will also have a custom diffusser integrated to the rear wheel vents

Thanks Richard, I appreciate the comments and yes, this build is a wild one and I'm careful to not take proportions out of alignment to the entire design. The Ragle design has a small, almost stock scoop that didn't look right to me, so I've pumped it up. Notice the hood design isn't far off from the actual Eleanor bump. I needed to increase the height and added the air-intakes for the twin air-flow units. I'm very happy with it so far.

Oh yes, the full ground effect treatment will be coming soon as to front airdam and splitters along with side splitters that will integrate with the wheel vents and chassis. The rear will also have a custom diffusser integrated to the rear wheel vents

cool ! looking forward to it :)

Will there be some sort of side lip or skirt / ground effects added as I feel it will totally add to the overall look (if you do not mind some constructive input). Looks great so far!

Oh it's going to have a lot more body mods, using this as my guide. Front airdam, side-skirts and rear diffuser all tying in the bodywork. These ground effects though will be added after paint like a real car.

67 RagleStang.jpg

ChallengerR2.jpg