Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 62 Buick Electra 225

Mr Stock

A super nice neat clean build.  It's such a odd kit to have survived. I mean there are plenty other kits of the era that I wish had survived but long gone........was this mold sitting un-noticed in the corner of the vault?? I'm glad it did make it as it;s a great look at AMT in the era. 

Hope you don't mind my build......

BUICK62.JPG

Dave I don't mind at all, that is awesome !!

When I was building this one I thought how strange it was that this particular kit survived, I wish the same could be said of the 64 Pontiac Bonneville and Grand prix ?

Thanks Bill !, I'm happy with the colour, guesswork for me as we can't get correct paint for US cars in the UK.

The Molotow chrome markers are very good I will say that much, if you let it dry thoroughly 24 hrs or so it does stay put, however I think if you handled the model too much it would dull the finish,  you can always retouch it up however with no issues.  They're no replacement for BMF but I think they certainly have a place in all modellers toolbox. 

I've used various chrome markers over the years and found that while they are a time saver and look very acceptable, they all had issues with "unexpected flow" .... always at the wrong time.  Seems the tips would occasionally deposit more chrome than I was counting on.  That said, I haven't tried this brand and I see they have very small tips available.  I'm going to give them a try.  I'm ok with foiling for the most part, but there are definitely times when a marker would be the ticket.