Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beemax Volvo 240T Gr. A

niteowl7710

Wow that one is a must have! I see a Volvo with a Small Block Chevy in the future...:)

Does it look like it's going to have somekind of fender flares or what? Hopefully not, removing them would be no fun.

Edit: Something like this:

DSCN3262.JPG?img=smaller

Edited by W-409

If they do this as a bone-stock street car with racing options, it'll be a good seller. As a strict racer, I don't think it'll move too well.

And yes, if they did a 245, I'd buy at least one of them.

Beemax makes race car kits Charlie. They're not into the "necessary evil" compromises that Revell is married to - see all the non stock parts on the Bronco to support the "Custom Off Road" version.

What the niche players have realized is race car builders are quite frankly the "serious" spectrum of the automotive genre. They're going to buy the kit, the detail up set, and then more kits and P/E when the aftermarket decal support starts to pour in during the following months. 

Beemax makes race car kits Charlie. They're not into the "necessary evil" compromises that Revell is married to - see all the non stock parts on the Bronco to support the "Custom Off Road" version.

What the niche players have realized is race car builders are quite frankly the "serious" spectrum of the automotive genre. They're going to buy the kit, the detail up set, and then more kits and P/E when the aftermarket decal support starts to pour in during the following months. 

This is true! Add to that if a/m decal sheets are produced so other liveries can built. Then it's also bought in multiple copies.

If they do this as a bone-stock street car with racing options, it'll be a good seller. As a strict racer, I don't think it'll move too well.

And yes, if they did a 245, I'd buy at least one of them.

Charlie Larkin

Race car only kits from Beemax must be selling really good if they keep doing up newly tooled kits,  and remember, we are not the only market that buy's model kits in the world, race car only kits are very hot right now ,  just trying to keep up will all the supplement decals being done for all new kits coming out will make your head spin.  

Race car only kits from Beemax must be selling really good if they keep doing up newly tooled kits,  and remember, we are not the only market that buy's model kits in the world, race car only kits are very hot right now ,  just trying to keep up will all the supplement decals being done for all new kits coming out will make your head spin.  

There are at my last count somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 DOZEN aftermarket sheets in development for release in the next 60 days for the M3. Along with at least one wheel set, and an entire tarmac rally transkit. 

I'm going to at least try to turn one into a somewhat street-stock car. The 240 is an indestructible brick and now the ultimate hipster car, I'm really surprised it took this long to get one as a 1:24 kit, even if it is race-only. 

This. Although I'm guessing hipsters have little bearing on mainstream model companies-- even when they're Aoshima. The beard-product-and-skinny-jeans crowd is busy slambering MKII Volkswagens, making roof-racks and faking rust. 

For me this will be a track-day street car, same as the e30s

Edited by zak78

This. Although I'm guessing hipsters have little bearing on mainstream model companies-- even when they're Aoshima. The beard-product-and-skinny-jeans crowd is busy slambering MKII Volkswagens, making roof-racks and faking rust. 

For me this will be a track-day street car, same as the e30s

Yeah- I've seemed to notice that decent 240s are going down in price, and MkII Jettas are getting to be a popular sight parked out in front of vape shops. Might be a connection there...

• 7 months later...

Vape shop? This will be a huge selling kit here in Sweden! I can see a new class on our slot tracks. How cool will that be...? Also mentioned by someone: small block Chevy in it. I have a friend who's got such an animal; a 245 and I might just buy it! Getting it for a really good price. I'll let you know when I get it...

Edited by Modellpularn

• 2 weeks later...