Model Cars Magazine Forum

Something to consider, folks, about model car kit production!

Art Anderson

See there is a difference in old between me and you. What you are telling me is at these swap meets you can buy the 70 Petty Charger or David Isaac Charger for 5.00. Sorry I call bull on that. What you are talking about are the Gordon, Stewart, Dale, & Dale JR cars for 5.00 I believe that because they made so many of those my great grandkids will still buy those for 5.00. However  if they would bring back the NASCARS they from the 70's They would sell like hotcakes.  Just look at the cars that round 2 came out with those still sell around my area if the local dealers can get them.  

What we have here, is your failure to more specific. You mentioned 'old' stock car kits. I responded with my experience. Instead of explaining more specifically what kits you referred to, you got upset.  No need to get your panties in a bunch.   I'm so sorry, This ole 66 year old bows to your expertise on oldness.

Bob...that's a great factoid/"grabber"/"did you know", as I call them.  

Do you recall the source of that info?   Thanks in advance....TIM.

It was from a automotive magazine back in the day. Had pictures of production at AMT. My point was to illustrate that the model business  is not the same . There was more money back then to roll out new kits. "3000 models/day" Rod and Custom August 1964

My wife and I spent most of a weekend in Toledo with Bob Paeth several years ago. We heard so many "inside" stories from him it was amazing. I wouldn't be able to recall most of the information but those guys that actually worked in the companies had a great time from the sounds of it. I just had a blast listening, I didn't bother taking notes but I did have him sign a box that he had a hand in making upper management mad about. That's one of my favorite pieces of memorabilia.