Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 W-30 OLDSMOBILE

mhadman

First off, thanks everyone for their kind words on the other two of these I have in the works. I decided to split them up. They are all currently getting attention on my bench.

This was the prototype car for the others. I had started this back in 2009 and immediately wished I had started with better bodies rather than the junk yard cars I had.

M Anyway, this will be a W-30 version 442. I am not sure if I am going to go factory stock yet, or turn it into an early seventies style Street machine. It will get factory black stripes. I have a nice set of Cragar SS wheels and some other goodies for the engine. 

Thanks again for the positive thoughts. I don't get much time to build, but being so close to finishing these has lit my fire. 

_20170114_095335.JPG

This was the original, and back in 2010 I had reached out to several casters, and no one was interested in it. It's come too far now. It's not too bad a conversion. I have drawings and detailed notes if anyone is interested..The bed was the hardest part. About nine different cuts...?

Your work is absolutely outstanding. It might look more "natural" with the wheelbase stretched to the El Camino's 116", but after you look at it a while, your "shorty" look begins to grow on you. Well done and keep us posted on these!

You're making me wonder what a '68-'69 GTO Elky would look like. Too bad there are no readily available 1/25 '68-'69 GTO bodies available, except for the Super Judge funny car (which is, conveniently, still 100% factory stock).

Drive on!