Model Cars Magazine Forum

Silly warning labels

bobthehobbyguy

This is one of the reasons I left California. Everything there causes Cancer. At this time twenty years after leaving I'm still Cancer free.  I remember just before leaving the state was requiring a reformulation of the Gasoline being sold in the state to lower emissions. They immediately noticed the contamination of the roadside soil caused by the chemicals that the state had required to be used. The state assured everyone it would take years before becoming a problem. As it turned out it was taking only a year before it started turning up in the water table near roadways. My personal vehicles all lost power and fuel economy from the fuel. At least I got to live there for many years before the "Crazies" took over the state government .   

The wonderful MTBE additive.  I recall getting a letter from a State official (I wish I had saved it) that said it would cost too much to remove the additive from the gasoline.  Typical politician, just stop adding it in the future!

The wonderful MTBE additive.  I recall getting a letter from a State official (I wish I had saved it) that said it would cost too much to remove the additive from the gasoline.  Typical politician, just stop adding it in the future!

Years ago I discovered a method to tell when a Politician is lying. Watch them very carefully, when you their lips start to move you'll know their lying.     

Silly warning labels? At the O'Riellys I work at we had a candy dispenser selling Peanut M&Ms. On the dispenser there was a warning label warning that the product contained peanuts. Really!? Peanut M&Ms contain peanuts!? And that if I have peanut allergy I should not eat them? How stupid have we become? Peanut M&Ms contain peanuts! It says that right in the name of the product! It's Peanut M&Ms. Guess what? Even without the warning label I think I can figure that one out. And if you can't........ Well, you deserve what your going to get. I'm sorry.

Scott

Is it how stupid we've became, or how greedy we and the lawyers are?

Yes to all the above.

When somebody actually sues for dumping hot coffee in their OWN lap, it's getting pretty pathetic.

There was actually a lawsuit brought against a well-known lawnmower manufacturer by a fool who picked up his machine, while it was running, and tried to use it as a hedge trimmer...with predictable results.

How anyone could take a moron of that magnitude into court and represent him with a straight face still eludes my comprehension.

Oh...sorry....I forgot.  $$$$$$$$$

Yes to all the above.

When somebody actually sues for dumping hot coffee in their OWN lap, it's getting pretty pathetic.

There was actually a lawsuit brought against a well-known lawnmower manufacturer by a fool who picked up his machine, while it was running, and tried to use it as a hedge trimmer...with predictable results.

How anyone could take a moron of that magnitude into court and represent him with a straight face still eludes my comprehension.

Oh...sorry....I forgot.  $$$$$$$$$

Was it this guy  (I watched it with the sound off so cant say if its safe for work or not)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHuJGhe4oGw