Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is the most ridiculous model car related thing that you've ever seen auctioned or sold?

I just ran across the first most ridiculous thing I've ever seen at auction: Using the box art from a rare kit in order to sell ONE TIRE. Let me repeat that: This is ONE TIRE at auction. One tire. 

You've gotta be kiddin'!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MPC-76-Road-Runner-Parts-Model-Kit-1-7625-Tire/201696697828?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3Df2eab3b594944743a6681a7bc96577d2%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D391660836975

What thing or things have you seen for sale or at auction that made you say WTF?

80/kit, pull the tires, sell them for 20, then sell kit for 60. He'll make millions!

I once had a client, for whom I designed a 1:1 body kit for a popular Porsche, insist on setting a selling price for the kit at less than the cost to produce the things.

When I pointed out the economic fallacy of his approach, he argued vehemently that he'd "make it up on volume".

Honest.   

I once had a client, for whom I designed a 1:1 body kit for a popular Porsche, insist on setting a selling price for the kit at less than the cost to produce the things.

When I pointed out the economic fallacy of his approach, he argued vehemently that he'd "make it up on volume".

Honest.   

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha,,,breathe,,,bwahahahahahahahahaha

If only there were discount coupons too. 

As far as tires go, I've got about $300k in a few boxes here. ReTIREment here I come!

Honest.   

I believe it. He probably has a degree in mathematics to back it up too.