Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Surf Woody Has anyone built one?

Sorry, I've moved this to the WIP threads!

Hey, I apologize if my comment seemed anything other than friendly. I've enjoyed seeing your work and the old Hawk model's contribution too. Since you were up in the "general" section, I think we all thought it would be OK to post links to some car-surf music to get the juices flowing, without taking anything away from an ongoing build.

Your work on this kit has sparked an interest in me to do something with one of these too, so double thanks for showing us what you've been doing on it.  :D

This for me has been a fun thread to follow. It may have gotten a little off track. But, somehow with this one I find it okay.  I love the surf music. And the Hawk kit. In fact I hope we get to see more of the Hawk kit. Fun to compare it to the AMT/Barris version. I hope this thread keeps going, and stay as fun as has been.

Scott

• 3 years later...

And another Zombie Thread slithers out of the grave!

Zombie Music Dept:  I found this oldie laying around the internet recently.  A real thrill, since I had this album as a kid and practically wore out the grooves.   AFAIK, this was the ONLY album ever released with Robert Mitchum singing "The Ballad of Thunder Road."  It also includes the "answer" song to "Hot Rod Lincoln," Jimmy Dolan's "Hot Rod Race."  Plus many other goodies, as shown on the album sleeve below.

"Shut Down" was a "budget" album released by Capitol in 1963. It's the reason the 1964 Beach Boys' album was titled "Shut Down, Volume 2."  If you ever wondered what happened to "Shut Down, Volume 1,"  this was it.  The original "Shut Down" album disappeared for decades, with parts of it turning up on various cheapo CD compilations over the years.  According to various sites, Japanese fans finally got the original album released on CD in 2012.

shutdown.jpg

shutdown2.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof