Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which 62 Chevy kit

droogie

will provide the best basis for building a model of this car? Do any of the boxings include any Nascar specific parts?

62%20chevy_zpstokiqdkb.png

2nd%2062%20chevy_zpsk0koxarp.png

I did a Rex White livery on the AMT '62 Bel Air kit when it first came out.  It was never released as a NASCAR but it does have an Air Box air cleaner that ducts to the firewall just like they used to do. These are parts in the kit for the Z11 Drag cars but they can just as easily be used for what you're doing. I used to get all of the NASCAR decals from either JNJ Hobbies or Slixx. I still have decal sets for the Holly Farms Poultry #3 car for Junior Johnson and the #4 Rex White driven Jim McMann car. This kit has been reissued many times usually as a Drag Racer with a raised front suspension , but you're going to change all that anyway.

Hello from Canada. I used the 'new' stock Amt '62 Chev Bel Air when it was first released. Everything you need is in the kit. I would also highly recommend a book called " Building Scale Model Stock Cars" by Bill Coulter. He covers just about every era

of NASCAR cars in the book including the '62 and '63 Chevs. You will need Plastic Performance Product 6 bolt rims,tires, and a  roll cage from Mikes Decals.com. And that's it. Add some extra shocks front and back, along with straight exhaust, minor

body mods, and your choice of decals. The AMT kit is almost race ready with a few modifications. Hope this was helpful information, and good luck with the build.

Barry Kennedy

Ont. Canada

Finding the 6 bolt rims, period correct tires, and the PPP roll cage is real easy. Just got mikesdecals.com. Everything you need is there listed under parts & resin.Good guy to deal with, and not that expensive. He also has some decals for the '62.

Good luck with the build.

Barry Kennedy

Ont. Canada.