Model Cars Magazine Forum

Single Plane intake

Frank,

Whats something like that cost? I haven't EVER bought anything from Shapeways so I'm ignorant of the price of such things, PM me on it if ya would if you don't wanna speak of that on main board!

John, the manifold is listed at $8.36 in 3D Model Specialties shop at Shapeways.

Products there are printed to order and exist only as computer files until then. I ordered some steering wheels when I ordered the manifold. The steering wheels wouldn't print, so Ron, the shop owner re-designed them so they would print and ship with my manifold.

I'm going to contact Ron and see if the manifold can be re-designed for a better fit. Trial and error is par for the course when we as builders venture outside the box.

Not wanting to step on any toes but I do not think that intake is true to scale. I believe it was created to specifically for  his own 440 in 1/16. I do not know how scaled his engine is or for that matter how close yours is as I have not compared to a real one. I have a tunnel ram for a 383 sitting in the model room I can use for the flange pattern. I would need to know the base engine you are using and create a whole new part according to YOUR specific engine. This way it would fit without issues. I doubt it would be 9 bucks to do it. My 481x block I drew up has way more material on it than that intake and its 28.00. You can see the parts Ive done here in the forums in the drag section under 69 Chevelle pro mod

Edited by mr68gts

Not wanting to step on any toes but I do not think that intake is true to scale. I believe it was created to specifically for  his own 440 in 1/16. I do not know how scaled his engine is or for that matter how close yours is as I have not compared to a real one. I have a tunnel ram for a 383 sitting in the model room I can use for the flange pattern. I would need to know the base engine you are using and create a whole new part according to YOUR specific engine. This way it would fit without issues. I doubt it would be 9 bucks to do it. My 481x block I drew up has way more material on it than that intake and its 28.00. You can see the parts Ive done here in the forums in the drag section under 69 Chevelle pro mod

Thanks for the offer Paul. I did message Ron about the manifold issue, Let me see how everything shakes out there first.

My intent for this post was to try and look for intake to resemble an "Indy Cylinder Hi-rise" for the Revell 440 Dart motor.  I'm not sure where Ron got his measurements from, I really never asked, I just saw that he had one on his site, and inquired about it. When I spoke with him he said he wasn't making any custom parts, but he had one in 1/25 scale. I really assumed it was based on the Revell Mr. Norm's Dart, in hindsight I should have asked what it was designed for. If your willing to try and make one to fit this, I will certainly supply you with a whole motor for measurements to ensure a perfect fit. Your work is equally impressive, and would open up a whole new avenue for us Mopar fans.