Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 40 Ford pickup

Sixties Sam

Well, here's my first model in 2017, a Revell 40 Ford pickup built OOB. The kit had some fit issues - the opening doors were a problem, as expected. I finally glued the passenger door shut and drilled holes in the driver's door hinges and inserted metal pins so it  opens without falling off. Neither of the doors fit well, though. The hood has gaps all around in spite of several rounds of test fitting. I guess dimensions change after applying glue! Paint is Krylon satin olive with Testors pearl clear over it. The pearl gave it a too silvery look, but I can live with it. Apple red in the interior and the wheels for something different. All in all, not a bad kit, but it was more tedious to build than I expected. My build could be better, but I like it. Comments are always welcome!

Great looking build out of a kit that has a lot of issues. Are the wheels from the kit, I just don't recognize them?

Those are the kit wheels, David. I drilled out the circle of holes in the wheels that were just molded depressions, and painted the wheel inner halves black. I think it looks a bit better that way.

Those are the kit wheels, David. I drilled out the circle of holes in the wheels that were just molded depressions, and painted the wheel inner halves black. I think it looks a bit better that way.

Thanks for the info. I think they look great.