Model Cars Magazine Forum

ICM

Eric Macleod

A while back I thought I heard a rumor that ICM was considering moving the Packard kit and the Mercedes 770 up to 1:24 scale.  Can anyone out there either confirm or refute this rumor?

Thanks in advance 

Eric 

The only pending 1/24 kit right now is packaging the Model T with the 3 figures (Henry Ford, Engineer & Mechanic) for February. 

We she shall see what if anything the Nuremberg Toy Fair has to offer next month. 

A while back I thought I heard a rumor that ICM was considering moving the Packard kit and the Mercedes 770 up to 1:24 scale.  Can anyone out there either confirm or refute this rumor?

Thanks in advance 

Eric 

Oh, I hope you're right about the Packard.  My wallet isn't so sure.

One of my favorite English vendors (Hannants) have a few more listed as "future release". As follows;

American Firemen (1910s) (2 figures) (100% new molds) NEW - II quarter       $9.34

American mechanics (1910s) (3 figures) (100% new molds) NEW - III quarter    $9.34

Model T 1912 Light Delivery Car NEW - IV quarter       $24.66

Of course, this information should be regarded as loose and unfounded rumors only, because - well, you know how it goes. From a vendors website only. But one can always hope there is something to it.:)

One of my favorite English vendors (Hannants) have a few more listed as "future release". As follows;

American Firemen (1910s) (2 figures) (100% new molds) NEW - II quarter       $9.34

American mechanics (1910s) (3 figures) (100% new molds) NEW - III quarter    $9.34

Model T 1912 Light Delivery Car NEW - IV quarter       $24.66

Of course, this information should be regarded as loose and unfounded rumors only, because - well, you know how it goes. From a vendors website only. But one can always hope there is something to it.:)

I'd like to know who their wholesaler is! That's less than my store can buy the kits for!

The delivery truck will be cool, as will the firemen.

I can honestly say ICM's figures are a treat. Very, very nicely done.

Charlie Larkin

I'd like to know who their wholesaler is! That's less than my store can buy the kits for!

Charlie Larkin

Their wholesaler isn't shipping things across the Atlantic either...

There were talks at Nürnberg two years ago when the ICM guys said there are plans to 'blow up' more of their 1/35 kits to 1/24.
The Packard and 770K were mentioned, as well as a Mercedes and a Büssing truck.
Nothing came of it until now, instead they released the Ford Ts. Who knows, maybe the Ukraine conflict has something to do with it.
Or the dreaded licencing.

We'll take them up on it at this years Nürnberg Fair.

Edited by Junkman

Charlie8575 works in a hobby shop in Suburban Boston MA though.

I'm very well aware of that, but if you read what was actually typed the person was listing kit prices for a store in the U.K., to which Charlie then wondered who THEIR wholesaler was since it was cheaper than his hobby shop can buy them - presumably through Squadron or Stevens International (they carry ICM too).  Obviously he knows who he can get the kits from if he has a price basis to know the U.K. place is getting a better deal.

Charlie Larkin

Squadrons...I edited my mistake as I said Stevens...which would be wrong.

Edited by lordairgtar

The Opel Admiral is in 1/24th

Yes, I got the Admiral and the Mercedes G4 in 1:24 and they are great looking kits. But looking at their webcatalog they got so many other cool ones in 1:35 that would be great to see in 1:24 like the ones that I mentioned. A friend of mine has a Opel Kadett just like the one they got in 1:35 and he would love it if they came out with it in 1:24 (maybe that could spure him into finishing the restouration of his fullscale one aswell).

They have the G4 in 1/24? I'll have to look at the wholesale listings again. That's one I'd like to have on the shelf.

Funny thing I've noticed about both Squadron and Stevens (and a couple of smaller distributors) is that none of them ever have the entire ICM catalog available at any time. You really have to piecemeal it to try and get everything. Same for Airfix and a couple of other European manufacturers in the U.S.

Charlie Larkin

They have the G4 in 1/24? I'll have to look at the wholesale listings again. That's one I'd like to have on the shelf.

Funny thing I've noticed about both Squadron and Stevens (and a couple of smaller distributors) is that none of them ever have the entire ICM catalog available at any time. You really have to piecemeal it to try and get everything. Same for Airfix and a couple of other European manufacturers in the U.S.

Charlie Larkin

http://www.icm.com.ua/catalogue/technics/tscale124/ Scroll down on the list and you will see it there with link above the picture that shows you the parts layout.