Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Honda D-Series

I bought this kit that did not come with an engine I'm looking for a source for a D-Series engine in 1/24 scale. any help would be greatly appreciated.

There was someone selling a resin version on ebay early 2016 but I cannot find it anymore.

14723703_1110109869102224_86548633091257

There definitely was a resin cast D-series engine.on eBay at one point in the past. A Google search hits on a worthpoint listing with a few pics of it. Maybe try matching the background cutting mat with a current eBay seller?

There definitely was a resin cast D-series engine.on eBay at one point in the past. A Google search hits on a worthpoint listing with a few pics of it. Maybe try matching the background cutting mat with a current eBay seller?

nice "sleuthing" Casey. 

Seller was rolla_racer. Looks like some sold within the last 12 months  

IMG_4655.PNG

IMG_4656.PNG

I bought this kit that did not come with an engine I'm looking for a source for a D-Series engine in 1/24 scale. any help would be greatly appreciated.

There was someone selling a resin version on ebay early 2016 but I cannot find it anymore.

14723703_1110109869102224_86548633091257

Hi Marc - are you trying recreate the 1:1, or make your own version?  The SOHC D16 engine is correct for the USDM chassis (LHD), but the specific race car in the picture is based on the JDM Civic Si (RHD) - which came with the DOHC B16a engine! 

The EF3 was one of the first chassis that Honda put the B-Series engine in, but the B-Series wasn’t available to other markets (some exceptions) until several years later.

Cool find on the SOHC D16 engine all the same.  By the looks of the valve covert alone, it looks like a later SOHC VTEC variant (D16Y6), so it would best suited for a CDM Civic Si (EJ8), or a mild custom Civic hatch.

The EF3 Honda Civic never came to North America with the VTEC engine – either the SOHC or DOHC variant.