Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to the site

Hello, 

My name is Rich. I have been building models for about 40 years. I started when I was a kid in the early 70's and have been hooked since. I haven't built one in several years. I have been building mostly 1/24 and 1/25 scale models over the course of 40 years and in the past 15 years, only Ford Mustangs.  I have built approximately 6 models in the 1/16-1/12 scales, all Mustangs. 

I am currently building the 1/8 scale DeAgostini Shelby GT500. I found out about this model through a Shelby forum I'm a member of. I have never built a 1/8 scale model and I am so excited and up to the challenge. Mostly this model is a screw together model and is full metal body and extremely highly detailed. Some of you here may know exactly the model I'm talking about. 

I just started 2 months ago and this model comes in monthly issues of parts. I am planning on starting a build thread. Hope over the past couple years, I will show my progress. 

Thanks for reading, 

Rich