Model Cars Magazine Forum

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought".

I usually spout about client builds but never post them. Most don't wish them to be seen outside their control and I respect that. However, this client didn't care and will probably post it a million times on Sci Fi websites and especially Star Wars fan sites.

I asked if i could post some progress and they were all giddy so I'm posting it here. Quite a few newer techniques for me here and it has quite a way to go but the top is shaping up quite nicely. This is the MPC kit and I have some resin extras to go on as well as figures to paint for the ground. We are negotiating a Mos Eisley diorama for it to sit in. I'm hooked on this build and bought a Fine Molds Falcon for myself. I almost commisioned the Fine Nolds but didn't feel i could deliver on time so I passed. If I have one already done it will probably sell quickly but that's faaaaar down the road, should I live so long.

Still lots more to do and for some reason the blues aren't showing up in the light I shot this in.  There's a lot more blue and variation than this photo seems to show. There is also color modulation that's not showing and it seems darker in spots. No worries, in the light of day it looks better. Still have to airbrush the engine grime and that will be later tonight. I also have some dark gray powder to finish off the engine grime but that will be at the very end and then fixed with a pigment fixer.

Just thought to share.

Bob

Edited by Dragline

• 2 months later...