Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge "Mighty Bee"

Trucks are not really my thing, but I had been surfing the net and found this, the Jeep Might FC.

jeep-mighty-fc

From what I read, Jeep traditionally brings out a concept truck around Easter every year, and this was based on the Jeep Forward Control (FC).

Jeep-Mighty-FC-Concept-and-1964-Jeep-FCjeep-fc-and-fc-concept

I was very impressed with how cool this truck looks, but I think it also has a lot of Dodge Power wagon influence as well...

129_1203_01+march_2012_backward_glances+1956_dodge_power_wagon

7835210432_ce10669fc1

Don't you think??

Anyway, I love this truck. 

jeep-mighty-fc-photo a

jeep-mighty-fc-concept-dash

I decided to give it a tribute with my favorite Dodge truck, the A100.

I had my eye on using something with a lifted suspension, and the Revell Jeep Build and Play met the criteria. The following kits were harmed in the making of this model.

downloads-l500

I started by gluing the chassis of the Jeep to the bottom bed of the LRW/A100, and luckily the meeting surfaces were flat, making my job a lot easier

P1030213P1030209The axles from the Jeep were metal, not long enough, and a little wimpy looking, so I used some sprue to beef up the axles. Due to the wheel openings on the Dodge truck, the axles needed to be moved outward a few millimeters .

P1030217I cut the fenders off the Jeep and glued them to the Dodge, being careful to scribe where the door openings were. Having previously built this truck, I did not attempt to make opening doors, as I figured I had a high chance of eventually smashing the whole thing on the ground in frustration.

P1030218

The body was primed in flat black

P1030222Bed and interior with semi-gloss black and maroon. 

P1030238The seats were done to mimic the oddly attractive seats in the Mighty FC, and the engine hump was done in orange to suggest a Hemi-powered truck.

mighty bee large

I made this guy on MS paint, a combo of the super bee and mighty mouse characters...Mighty Bee!!

This looks like a modern day version of the old FC Jeep truck. I know that Jeep has been playing around with different ideas to bring out a Wrangler based pick up. It now looks like they are going with a more conventional Wrangler front end with a pick up box, but at one time they were considering another FC type body.  

That Jeep FC looks cool as snot! It has SEVERAL influences by its looks an for those seen here it does have that "Power Wagon" feel in its looks, BUT has that Forward Control of the A100, BUT then to add in a BIGGER one a little of the Dodge L-600/700 trucks too. (which favor the A100)

NICE work on the conversion model, a bit wide, BUT......... looks GREAT!