Model Cars Magazine Forum

GW Trucks

I just had my first experience with GW Trucks. Never having seen any of his products in person and having never dealt with him I was a little hesitant to order. Gary is old school so there is no website or Paypal, You will need to email him for a list of products and check with him for availability and it's money order or check which is fine (I like old school). I emailed Gary and he responded very quickly. I mailed him a check for a 6-71 Detroit engine and it arrived surprisingly fast. I wasn't expecting junk, but I was even more pleasantly surprised by the excellent quality. It is by far the best 6-71 resin engine that I've seen in person. I hope to be buying more items from Gary soon, he's great to deal with and has great products. I thought that I would share my experience in case someone was considering placing an order but wasn't sure.

Gary is a great guy and makes some of the best resin parts I have ever seen. He is super helpful and teaches me something new about casting every time I talk to him. I have heard some people say that they had to wait a bit for a response, but keep in mind that he has a full time day job that he travels for as well as a family.. His parts are top notch for sure though!

Good deal Brian! Pics? Please? Lol.

This engine is great. The 6-71 was made in many configurations. This one can be built with the blower on the left or on the right. The exhaust can be built either left or right. It comes with a road tractor and an industrial oil pan. Here's the pictures:

IMG_1904 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

IMG_1905 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

IMG_1906 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

i have a hood from him for a white roadboss and its very good

like if its from amt , nice and crispy clear , also frame rail,s 

it,s a good product

only for me its very difficult to order right from him

so i have to orderd by other,s on some www shop,s , but it,s very nice and good product,s

i wish that we have here in europe ore holland more of these seller,s and shop,s hade

jacobus 

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a Peterbilt  379 hood and grill with front springs from GWTrucks. I'm blown away by the quality of this resin piece, by far the best I've ever worked with. Also Gary was very quick to respond to my email and very informative as to what I needed. I'll definitely be ordering more from Gary in the future!