Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hubert Platt Iowa Shaker Falcon AWB

bogger44

I finished this one up about two weeks ago, but just got around to taking some pics of it today.  These really are fun little kits to build.  Even though they're so basic and simple, you can still build them into a pretty cool looking unit.  That being said, I did change up a few things to spruce it up a bit.  I swapped in some Cragars from the Revell '67 Charger, tires and slicks came from the parts box.  The valve covers are from the AMT '66 Galaxie, and I added some collectors to the headers that also came from the parts box.  Bodywise, I did file down the screw posts on the radiator support, removed the body side trim, and removed the wing windows as I had seen pics of the real car both with and without them.  Paint is Testors One Coat Star Spangled Blue lacquer.  I'm really happy with how this little bugger turned out. On to the pics....

models1582-vi.jpg

models1614-vi.jpg

models1593-vi.jpgmodels1624-vi.jpgmodels1600-vi.jpg

models1598-vi.jpg

models1597-vi.jpg

models1625-vi.jpg

models1603-vi.jpg

models1606-vi.jpg

Edited by bogger44

Thanks a lot for your comments guys, glad you like it.

Very nice indeed! You did a great job removing the side trim, a task I'm not looking forward to when I do mine. Well done!

Thanks Snake.  Actually it wasn't too bad removing the trim. The leading edges of the front fenders were a little tricky though, with the tight spaces within those three body lines.

Love it! I'd actually care about drag racing if the cars still looked like this.

I agree, though I still try to watch some now and then.

This looks great! Definitely one of the better builds I've seen from this kit. You got the overall look right and I like that paint job and flawless BMF work too. Congrats on turning a bit simple kit into a real stunner.