Model Cars Magazine Forum

TAT 2017: 1976 Chevrolet Bison

Plan is to do it in a nice, pretty silver!  A fellow member here made up some "92" & "Detroit Diesel" logos for the breather caps & valve covers.

I actually just got home from my second job, and was getting ready to head down stairs to get it out of the Bleach White & get it ready for assembly.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get some more work done on the Bison this afternoon.  Here is where I stand right now:

I have shortened the frame & managed to get it partially assembled.  The only problem is the part I cut out to shorten the frame had the engine mounts on them.  Little oversight there!  Not totally sure what I'm going to do about that, but I'll think of something.  The plastic is really strange on this kit.  Half is molded in that cream color, and half is in white.  More on that later.  (The little white rectangles inside the frame are Evergreen plastic I added as a reinforcer & are not part of the kit.)

The Detroit Diesel 6V92T is coming along nicely, but I am having a problem with the cross-over pipe: it's too long on one side & too short on the other.  Going to have to fiddle with this one a little before I come up with a solution.  I did add some plumbing details.

The "tentacles" you see in this shot are the fuel lines to the tank & the fuel filters (not included in the GW Trucks kit).

Ok, so here is where I'm sort of going with this build:

I am swapping out the air ride suspension that comes in the kit with the spring suspension from the AMT GMC Astro/95 kit (gray parts).  The bed (other gray parts) is from the AMT Ford C600 Stake Truck kit.  Opinion time: who here thinks the rear suspension is too far back?

So far I'm please with the progress.

jim , looks good

and the suspension looks good on that place , i think that , when you put the batterybox and fueltank on that side you can figured out how the suspensoin look,s

than you can make it a little forward ore hold it on this place

so far lookin good

follow this one

jacobus