Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clearly Scale

He actually called me last night to give me an update on my order, very surprised and took a few minutes to process who he was and what he was calling about. According to him he is still having hosting issues with both his website and email and was relying on PayPal to contact those with outstanding orders, he was hoping to have the issues fixed in the next week or so. Seems like a nice enough guy who has gotten caught up in some internet issues and unexpected volume of orders.

Robyn

I only ever placed one order with Clearly Scale not long after they had opened but I never did receive that order.

He had emailed me a photo of the post office receipt at the time he said he had shipped it so the order looks like it went missing in transit.

These days I've been placing my Clearly Scale orders with Randy at Model Builders Warehouse who ships immediately and has provided me with an excellent service 

• 1 year later...

Model Builders Warehouse had some of his stuff in stock. There is not much left since he is not getting orders from him I assume. Which is a shame because clearly scale has some nice stuff, Model Builders Warehouse is fast at shipping and they are affordable.

20 hours ago, stitchdup said:

The guys very ill from my understanding. A website is the last thing he'll be thinking about. Instead of all the criticism, send him some good wishes, you never know, the support may help the healing knowing there are people he has never met that care

I had no idea he was ill ... hope he gets better soon...

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Mad Slammer said:

Well, any news on this???

I still haven't received any reply to my email... And no package received yet...

I was billed in late october, it's been almost 5 months... I think it's enough time already... 

guessing you used Paypal or a credit card to pay ?? so just take the steps to obtain a refund and be done with it

• 2 months later...

I had ordered a hellcat engine while they where in stock, they haven't arrived yet but i'm willing wait, the parts were worth it. Hope he is feeling better. I didn't have any communications when I ordered from him last spring  but I received the parts at about 7 weeks. So if you can wait a bit longer I would. He is very talented, I hope his health improves.

38 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I haven't spoken w/ Jeremy since late January, at that time he was dealing with ongoing health issues.

Thanks for the update Rob.

Well, if you do end up speaking to him, give him our best wishes and a speedy recovery.

I've only purchased from him a few times so he probably doesn't recall who I am.  But no matter as issues of health are troubling.

There are a few board members that I've messaged due to there absence from here and haven't received a reply.  Nor have I read any recent posts from them.  Sad indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, aurfalien said:

His website now says;

We’re closed at the moment
Things should be resolved shortly, please check back soon.

Seems rather ominous.

I guess I will hang in there a few more months.  I placed an order in March so I guess that is not unusual under normal circumstances.  Let's hope this turns out well and he gets back on his feet.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Paypal is processing a refund since they cannot reach him.  Have anyone heard anthing.   I have only ordered one other time and did not have any issues before.

I havent had any contact with Jeremy in about 5 months, so I have no clue how he is doing or if he is even doing ok.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:42 PM, vamach1 said:

I guess I will hang in there a few more months.  I placed an order in March so I guess that is not unusual under normal circumstances.  Let's hope this turns out well and he gets back on his feet.

If you paid with Paypal, you have only a limited time to request a refund ( 3months? 6 months? I don't remember). I wouldn't wait much longer.