Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clearly Scale

Yes, his stuff does take some time to deliver. But he is upfront about his delivery times. He has always communicated well, when answering questions and his stuff is really good. Its a strange color (pale green), but it has never stopped me from using his goods. :)

remember they are in Canada, and to the US shipments are usually 8-10 weeks

I saw that they were in Canada but must have missed the long shipping times. 

What does being in Canada have anything to do with shipping times? It ships just as fast as anywhere else, 8-10 days at most. It takes them 8-10 weeks to get the product out the door. It is just like saying US Post shipping times are 9 months because a Modelhaus order took that long to be received.

Edited by Mike Chernecki

What does being in Canada have anything to do with shipping times? It ships just as fast as anywhere else, 8-10 days at most. It takes them 8-10 weeks to get the product out the door. It is just like saying US Post shipping times are 9 months because a Modelhaus order took that long to be received.

As it says on their site, they ship from Canada to a remailer in the US...it often takes 2-3 weeks to get through customs.   The remailer then sends to US addresses.   I've discussed this with Jeremy (Clearly Scale proprietor) and he uses the remailer as it is considerably cheaper than direct shipments from Canada to US buyers. 

http://www.clearlyscale.com/product/shipping-of-clearly-scale-products-please-read

Edited by Rob Hall

I've ordered twice from Jeremy and the first time, my error in NOT reading his very CLEARLY posted international shipping. He was very nice in response to me and included his shipping policy, which I felt bad after him having to take time to show me what I should have checked on my own when I placed my order.

He makes all the parts for the two-weeks of orders he receives, sends all as a bunch to an associate in the US, who then creates all the separate shipments to us US folks.

All that can take 4-7 weeks actually, bear in mind the Holidays too, he's not a machine working everyday.

Understand the reason for all this is to keep the shipping cost way down for us. If he were to ship to each of us from Canada to the US it could cost $25-$35 each order. This method he has works best, just order well in advance for your projects.

His castings are awesome and very high-quality, well worth the wait.

Edited by RestoModGuy

Good to know JIm.  At this point, I would think any person in business would realize the importance of simple communication with your customer.  Not just Clearly Scale.  I had the same lack of communication issues with Mark Johnson who also had a good reputation for quality.   My simple expectation of ANYONE in business for themselves, hobby or otherwise, is to be respectful of the person willing to spend their money on their service or product.  With that in mind, maybe they could simply put on their websites a "Timeline" part on there site wherein they state honestly & accurately their deliverable schedule............something as simple as "now filling orders placed by Dec. 22nd"  or whatever.   That tells the prospective customer what to expect and will forestall a slew of inquiries about open orders.   Transparency and clarity is all we ask which is not unreasonable right?  After a month, for a domestic order, one would / should expect shipment and if they can't do that, at least set and then meet the new expectation.   My biggest gripe is ignoring the request for shipping updates when it comes to an order that is more than 4 weeks old.  Let's hope it all works out right?  Resin casters, IN MY OPINION, will have their business model threatened by the growing influence of 3D printed parts and the growth in that industry.  Better quality, faster turn around times and more selection will eventually become the new norm and that technology / industry will fill the need for the most part.  So much going on in 3D here on this forum right now to ignore.  Cheers, Tim

I've ordered twice from Jeremy and the first time, my error in NOT reading his very CLEARLY posted international shipping. He was very nice in response to me and included his shipping policy, which I felt bad after him having to take time to show me what I should have checked on my own when I placed my order.

He makes all the parts for the two-weeks of orders he receives, sends all as a bunch to an associate in the US, who then creates all the separate shipments to us US folks.

All that can take 4-7 weeks actually, bear in mind the Holidays too, he's not a machine working everyday.

Understand the reason for all this is to keep the shipping cost way down for us. If he were to ship to each of us from Canada to the US it could cost $25-$35 each order. This method he has works best, just order well in advance for your projects.

His castings are awesome and very high-quality, well worth the wait.

Jeremy's stuff is great, and as Jim stated, he makes up parts in a big batch, boxes, ships to the US for redistribution. Shipping with Canada Post the last year or so has been very expensive. I've purchased kits from Ebay to have shipped to my sisters place in the US and the cost is anywhere from $4.50ish US to $12 US pending on the vendor. I've traded a couple kits with some guys from the US last year and shipping from Canada to the US without tracking was about $16 CDN and with tracking around $22 for a normal sized Revell/AMT/Monogram box. Jeremy's system saves money, but takes abit longer. Also, I know last year his girlfriend/wife was having some health issues and he was spending a fair amount of time with medical appointments. I dont know if that is still a factor, but if so, it'll eat up some of his time too. Hope everyone gets their stuff soon, and if you havent gotten any of his goods before, you'll be happy, very nicely detailed items.

David

I bought from him in late November and got my stuff just after Christmas, but I live in the Netherlands so long deliveries is the least of my concern and his stuff is freakin' epic. I ended up buying again from him on the 5th of January and well yeah, similar issue on my end; no confirmation e-mail, no replies to e-mails, so on since then. So I guess I'mma stay in the same boat, I'll just wait for a couple weeks more.

• 3 weeks later...

I promised an update when and if.  The parts arrived today and of very good quality.  Can't believe he lives in Gettysburg Pa.  which is about 30 minutes away.   Nice to see a Pa. boy making good.  I'm sure the rest of you with outstanding orders will receive something in the near term.   cheers 

• 2 weeks later...