Model Cars Magazine Forum

So i got some stuff from a good buddy of mine and he passed me on this what looks like a PROMO kit but i'm not too sure cause i've searched on ebay and can't seem to find one close enough promo wise to it. Can anyone help me out here and let me know what this actually is? It's a really nice clean car, well kept. 

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Edited by 408calirides
new pics

It's not a promo; looks like a Revell Wheels of Fire snap kit with wheels substituted from a different kit.

wof ss454.jpg

We have a winner. And in fact, I've been looking for one of those. (I mean that exact one in metallic green. I have a bright blue one I've painted silver.)

No pix but I built that version several years ago. I switched the wheels to the set from the Dodge Copperhead show car, detail painted the underside, BMF'ed the moldings, snipped off the posts from the headlamp lenses and put BMF in the buckets, and got rid of that awful puppy poo colored interior by painting it black. For a simple kit it came out looking rather well.

Still its cool and looks good to me...I am into promos and promo like stuff. I have messed with them for many years and enjoy them just as much as the full detail stuff.   Funny thing is I have a 64 Chevelle SS HT promo that was my dads I need to find parts for and restore it...restoring these things is quite rewarding to me kind of like saving some automotive and model history.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread inspired me to get one of these. Thought they'd be common, but they're harder to find than you might think. Finally found one on eBay for a semi-reasonable price. Decided not to wait for a cheaper one and pulled the trigger. Looking forward to building it. I did a Monogram 1/24 in this exact scheme--dark green with tan guts--but prefer 1/25, and I think the Revell snapper body is the best shaped '70 you can get.