Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Surf Woody, modified.

PatW

Very cool Pat , I love the changes you made !  I've never tried wet sand before but yours looks good to me . :D

Thanks Bob it's just thick acrylic on the front tyres (enamel paints are no good on rubber) the rest is a sand rattle can colour that I've sprayed onto scrap plastic and let dry awhile before dabbing on with an old paint brush! 

Edited by PatW

Another one of your imaginative builds. You turned this into a perfect Beach Cruiser. Racks for the boards and all. Looks like you might have gotten into the surf just a little.

Thanks espo, Now I build as I see and would use that vehicle. In it's origal form with all the dark wood etc. I wouldn't even buy it!

I was looking at it under on the workbench at first wasn't sure about the green and yellow but man they go together really nice. I like the changes also the paddle tires really fit all I can say is man you did a great job looks super cool!!!

vince

Thanks Vince. I was an airtraffic control marshall at the Silverstone Circuit just 5 miles away for nearly 30 years. I saw the Team Lotus colours in the 70's, green and yellow and wondered when I would be able to use it, well it's now and it goes together quite well. Well I looked at the box and saw the double wheel back axle on each side and saw the tyres, well the paddlers are better in sand so I changed them. I build as I would like the real vehicle for me. 

Interesting. Like the idea you weathrred it. Great choice on the tires

Thanks Bob. Yes weathering is an art and I've not quite got it yet, only after 60 years of building kits. Everything always seems to have to be perfect, but out on the road, beach wherever, it's not.

Hey! Nice one, Pat!

That looks as mad as a box of frogs!

I like the sand on the tyres...nice touch.

Great to see an unusual build ....and from dear old Blighty, too!

Cheers Guy, yes just as good at being creative as anywhere in the world!

Thanks Vince. I was an airtraffic control marshall at the Silverstone Circuit just 5 miles away for nearly 30 years. I saw the Team Lotus colours in the 70's, green and yellow and wondered when I would be able to use it, well it's now and it goes together quite well. Well I looked at the box and saw the double wheel back axle on each side and saw the tyres, well the paddlers are better in sand so I changed them. I build as I would like the real vehicle for me. 

Another work of art!!!  -I agree with you guys....I always build as I would have had the car built, and its RARELY a true replica. If we cant build OUR ways in this "model" world, where can we?   -keep up the imagination!!