Model Cars Magazine Forum

240 Robert Ford Bronco

Hi Guys

I am a brazilian modeler and new in the car modeling universe. I´d like to build the 1979 Ford Bronco as seen in the 240 Robert TV show.

I am using the 1/24 Monogram ´80 Ford Bronco 2 ´n 1 model kit but the tires and wheels are not accurate. Could you please tell me where to get the correct set?

Many Thanks in advance

1980FordBronco2n1MonogramKit.thumb.jpg.114347084164_cf8fa6d41d_b.thumb.jpg.fe14414344585301_4b4104e79d.thumb.jpg.341b5ba

Interesting build, should be nice when you have it done.

The real vehicle you have pictured is actually a 1979 model year and there was an AMT kit offered for that vehicle. It can be hard to find and kind of expensive, but it is out there.

Revell offered a 1980 version of that vehicle in a kit, but it too is hard to find and expensive. 

If you are looking for some similar wheels, check out Scenes Unlimited and I am sure you will find tires and wheels. Those Jerry cans on the back should be able to find easily enough.

• 4 years later...
On 1/28/2017 at 9:31 AM, mikemodeler said:

Interesting build, should be nice when you have it done.

The real vehicle you have pictured is actually a 1979 model year and there was an AMT kit offered for that vehicle. It can be hard to find and kind of expensive, but it is out there.

Revell offered a 1980 version of that vehicle in a kit, but it too is hard to find and expensive. 

If you are looking for some similar wheels, check out Scenes Unlimited and I am sure you will find tires and wheels. Those Jerry cans on the back should be able to find easily enough.

There is a guy on @instagram that has replicated it with a Traxxas Trx4 1979 Ford Bronco. A radio-controlled vehicle in 1/10 scale.