Model Cars Magazine Forum

C1 models or Hobby Design

Looking for imput:

I really love the RWB 993 Porsche and have seen a couple of kits. 

My choice would be between Hobby Design or C1 Models.

I've used C1 parts before and really like em, no hands on experience on Hobby Design though.

Please, share me youw thoughts.

These are the kits:

http://www.hobbydesign.com.cn/cpzsdetail/8-84-904.html

http://www.c1-models.com/resin/mm6juh37d6gthr3kvg6ygt04k51xss

MG

I've got  both of those trans kits here but have only built one C1 models version to date. The Hobby Design trans kit is all separate body pieces that are attached to the Tamiya donor kit after the body has been cut out so is far more work than the C1 version which is supplied as a completed shell.

Both are now decent quality and it really comes back to how much work you wanted to put in. Cutting the Tamiya shell up and lining up all the pieces of the Hobby Design body kit  is not going to be for the inexperienced.This is my C1 Models 993 which was one of their  early castings and took quite a bit of work before I was happy with it. I recently got their 964 and the quality of their casting has improved noticeably and looks like it will go together without issue.

Thanks all!

@ Roncla: this is the best possiblie comparrisson I could have wished for. Read your RWB posts, of course :-)

I'm leaning toward the C1 kit, because it has 2 sets of wheels, decals for multiple cars, etc... I also contacted Chris and he told me exactly the same as you about casting improvements...