Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack DM600 Crane Truck 1/25 MPC

Very nice work Juergen and your weathering is outstanding!! The cracked windows are a nice detail, and changing the chrome headlights to clear lenses makes it more realistic. One thing you may want to add is a "headache ball",  which is just a round 2-piece weight on the cable just above the hook that keeps tension on the cable so that it winds back up evenly. Not criticizing, just pointing it out since I have 2 crane trucks I work with every day. If you need a photo of one I can post it for you.

Very nice work Juergen and your weathering is outstanding!! The cracked windows are a nice detail, and changing the chrome headlights to clear lenses makes it more realistic. One thing you may want to add is a "headache ball",  which is just a round 2-piece weight on the cable just above the hook that keeps tension on the cable so that it winds back up evenly. Not criticizing, just pointing it out since I have 2 crane trucks I work with every day. If you need a photo of one I can post it for you.

Thanks, yes please send me a pic

I must look for original Truck pics in www. Here in germany we did not have this trucks :wacko:

Edited by dragstueck

They are fibre glass . Although that does look like rust to me to :D

I read in wikipedia that not all have fiberglas hoods

The U was basically a short R, while the DM was an extra heavy duty version of the U often used in 6X4 construction trucks. Like the RMM, the DMM was all wheel drive, but had not only a short hood/offset cab, but also a set back front axle, requiring a model specific fiberglass hood/fender arrangement.

That is very impressive, I really like all the little details, I could spend hours looking at this, FANTASTIC

Exactly right, it is all the little things that fascinate. The grease gun, rags, hack saw, and tools on the tool box. the gloves, on the seat of the crane. Not to mention, the pin up calendar. The Valvoline can, and chain box... could go on and on. Outstanding work! Thank you for sharing.