Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Reissued 57 Chevy Black Widow wrong body ?

kingiguana

People on production lines, especially if they don't know, or care what a '57 Chevy looks like? No, they wouldn't notice. Production lines run quick. No time to pick up or gawk at box art. Not everyone is a car nut, like us.Just like if the wrong Star Trek Enterprise part came down the line. Not gonna notice.

You just do what the boss tells you to do. Not even sure they get box art to look at. One of the Revell kits I got was parts made from 3 different countries. LOL 

Out of curiosity, does the 150/Black Widow interior even fit the Bel Air sedan body?

Yes, in real life anyway, In my youth I took the interior panels from a friends '57 150 that were scrapping and put them into my '56 Bel-Air sedan, perfect fit and really confused a few people that had never looked at a '57 150 interior.

• 5 months later...

Sad to say, the '57 Chevy Black Widow kits with the wrong body are still floating around out there. I got one in the mail today. I've immediately put in a request to Revell for a correct body. Knowing Revell, I'm sure they'll take care of the problem. It was just a little disappointing to open the box and see a Bel Air 2-door sedan, rather than correct 150 2-door (utility) sedan.

Everything else in the box looks okay. The seats, door panels, and dash look correct for a '57 Chevy 150 Utility Sedan. It's just the body that's wrong.