Model Cars Magazine Forum

Olds powered traditional '29 Ford model A Coupe

traditional

I've just completed this 1/25 scale model using a coarse $10 toy as the starting material.  The Deuce frame  is handmade in styrene,  the basic Olds block and the 'quick-change' center section is from Revell's Orange Crate, the front and rear suspension is all fabricated in aluminum and brass, the door and trunk hinges are handmade, the traditional 'roll-n-pleat' upholstery is made using model railroad scored building siding, the door handles are made from plated jewelry wire, and the Deuce grille shell is from Revell with a PE insert from Model Car Garage with the addition of a wire outer frame. The headlight/front shock absorber bar is handformed in aluminum, and the paint basecoat is nail-polish with automotive clearcoat. I also made an engine hood in brass sheet but when all was said and done, I found that i preferred the look with the open engine. The model has taken a month or so of quite steady time, ensuring that I can avoid winter to a great extent.

P1310447-001.JPG

P1310445-002.JPG

P1310449-001.JPG

P1310452-001.JPG

P1310454-001.JPG

P1310458-001.JPG

Edited by traditional