Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 February 2017 Product Spotlight

MrObsessive

Round 2 has released their monthly video of what's upcoming for February. Only a couple kits get my attention (one of them was just reviewed here), although there are a couple 1/18 diecasts that interest me.

If you want to jump to where they're talking about the kits...........jump to 4:55 where he gets into what's out. 

True, but not great subliminal branding showing very popular kits that R2 does not offer while releasing new reissues. One quick case of recent offerings and big sellers for staged video would take what, 5 minutes?

Devil and marketing in details. I laughed for a couple minutes about this. Inauspicious response. Closed boxes better than visible product. 

Always remember the Automaker sponsored shows where the heroes drove their brand, and the bad guys always drove Brand X. Those were hysterical. 

i have yet to see the Prudhomme car at my LHS, hopefully it will show up with the McEwen car. 

And I hate to nit pic, but, the Garlits car was the first "Successful" Rear Engine Car, not the first Rear Engine Car. 

LOL, I caught that too.

So far this year, Round2 has had just one kit I want. the '49 Ford. It is a long awaited reissue, but I see that Round2 dropped one set of tires from it, so that there are no "modern" tires to use on the Custom Wheels. The Stock tires in the kit will work for the re-tooled 'Reactor" wheels, but that is all. No Biggie if you have a stash of kits to grab another set of tires from, but bad for the newbie.

This Feb list is lackluster (at least to me) but I await the March list to see what is on it.

Edited by alexis
Spelling Errors

He says the 60 Starliner has two complete engines; the 352 and what is the other one?

Two complete FE 352 engines / transmissions , with three induction options ( single 4 barrel,  3 two barrels , and two 4 barrels ... but I could be wrong ) .

I still have the c.2008 issue , unbuilt. That FE engine is a nice piece !