Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well here it goes... again... I did this kit when I was maybe 14... 17 years later.... it's round two.... cut out the grill and bumper holes... and mixed up the paint shot it on the truck and so far it already looks better than the first one I built and I haven't even glued anything yet... pics to come eventually. Paints drying right for coat two.

haven't decided yet. I diddid some modification to it so I might go in on it but I'm having an issue with my blue pearl paint I'm using. I shot it thru a single action ab and it didn't come out great. That paint always gives me a hard time. Going to fix the paint then really figure out what I'm doing with it.

I really like this kit for some reason. The rear cab wall/bed front wall piece always needs some fine tuning for a good fit, though.

Are you building it box stock, Jeremy?

Edited by Plastic_Passion

-Hey local neighbor! LOL NICE work! I've got 2 of these trucks one is gonna become a Ram T-Rex, the other I'm not sure of its fate.... BUT I can tell ya, I am not using the danged V-10 in either of probably! Just because I am not making them the VTS at all.... (Standard trucks for me) this round! I also wanna use a Cummins in the T-Rex too........... 

Nice job tho so far! Looks GREAT! You adding the decals for the white rallye stripes or no? -Look good either way!

Edited by 426-Hemi
I can't Type! LOL

-Hey local neighbor! LOL NICE work! I've got 2 of these trucks one is gonna become a Ram T-Rex, the other I'm not sure of its fate.... BUT I can tell ya, I am not using the danged V-10 in either of probably! Just because I am not making them the VTS at all.... (Standard trucks for me) this round! I also wanna use a Cummins in the T-Rex too........... 

Nice job tho so far! Looks GREAT! You adding the decals for the white rallye strings or no? -Look good either way!

good to see someone from NH! This is coming along. Slowly but surely. The first one I did years ago sucked. I'm pretty sure that one was molded in blue vs this one in white. I did notice tho the windshield has a real iffy fit. The window pillar on the drivers side is kinda molded funny on the truck. It'll be interesting to see your builds when you get them going. I want to get another one of these and build it as my 98 was. I'd have to fab up some trailing arms for the front axle though as mine was 4wd. It also had the 318 with a 5 speed so I'd have to throw the v10 in the parts bin... thanks for the compliments on the truck. I'll keep an eye out for your builds! And I do plan on the stripes but not sure how I'm going to do them... Paint vs decals

Yepper it is nice to see some locals! I'm an hour north of ya! I too did one of the VTS trucks years ago (I lost it in a house fire about 7 years ago now) and after the fire, was when I recently got back in model car and truck building so.....  But I have 2 of these kits right now and neither of them will be what they are on the box! LOL I too will have to make up my own front 4x4 suspension to make the T-Rex 6x6..... I also plan to use a Cummins diesel in the 6x6 too....

you had a '98 with a 5.2L in it, 5 speed, that was a nice truck.... or so I hope.... They're great if taken care of properly!

Yepper it is nice to see some locals! I'm an hour north of ya! I too did one of the VTS trucks years ago (I lost it in a house fire about 7 years ago now) and after the fire, was when I recently got back in model car and truck building so.....  But I have 2 of these kits right now and neither of them will be what they are on the box! LOL I too will have to make up my own front 4x4 suspension to make the T-Rex 6x6..... I also plan to use a Cummins diesel in the 6x6 too....

you had a '98 with a 5.2L in it, 5 speed, that was a nice truck.... or so I hope.... They're great if taken care of properly!

so you're in or around the concord area I'd guess? I used to live around concord. Penacook/Boscowen area and then Northwood and Pittsfield. That sucks to hear about the fire. Glad your okay tho! I just recently got back into building again shortly before last year. My girlfriend does a lot of vinyl cutting products and designs so I wanted something to keep me busy while she is. I'm pretty sure I know the t rex your speaking of. But I've only seen it online. Do you have a Cummins in your parts stash? And I did have a 1:1 98 ram. It was dressed up nicely but had a few issues. It was "flame red" with the ram logo in black on the hood, had a brush gaurd a sun visor, the fiberglass "racerback" that bolted behind the cab and had a Flowmaster that would rattle the windows of my house. It had potential to be a real nice truck. But the 4wd vac lines were kinda messed up so I had to crawl under it to switch them and it had a lot of rot in the cab and bed. I ended up changing the front fenders and the bed out for rust free ones but the cab was still pretty bad in the rockers. I ended up buying an 04 ram 1500 with the hemi that had 62k on it. My 98 will still have a place in my heart tho.

Yeah I'm around Concord! NICE ole Ram you had! You sound a lot like me, my Wife does arts and crafts in my shop (has her own work bench) and all. So, I know where you're at with that one! However again, like me, the late 70's Dodge Power Wagons will forever hold a place in my heart (my first truck) and it was something else (I'm build a model of it that you can see right here too!) Have a look:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/101687-father-son-dodge-truck-build-new-progress-pics-9-10-16/

Mine is the Step-Side Power Wagon, First truck in that set, as in real life 1:1, Dad & I both owned a Dodge truck at the same time for awhile, mine was a '78 his was a '79...... BUT I today own a '67 Power wagon. which is a beast! I love it too, but that '78 Power Wagon had a 440, 4 barrel in it and my '67 has a 383, 4 barrel..... The '67 tho, will go ANYWHERE..... As its an ex Military truck!

As far as having a model Cummin's 5.9L not yet..... A member here has them, and I'm waiting for him to get me one!

Yeah I'm around Concord! NICE ole Ram you had! You sound a lot like me, my Wife does arts and crafts in my shop (has her own work bench) and all. So, I know where you're at with that one! However again, like me, the late 70's Dodge Power Wagons will forever hold a place in my heart (my first truck) and it was something else (I'm build a model of it that you can see right here too!) Have a look:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/101687-father-son-dodge-truck-build-new-progress-pics-9-10-16/

Mine is the Step-Side Power Wagon, First truck in that set, as in real life 1:1, Dad & I both owned a Dodge truck at the same time for awhile, mine was a '78 his was a '79...... BUT I today own a '67 Power wagon. which is a beast! I love it too, but that '78 Power Wagon had a 440, 4 barrel in it and my '67 has a 383, 4 barrel..... The '67 tho, will go ANYWHERE..... As its an ex Military truck!

As far as having a model Cummin's 5.9L not yet..... A member here has them, and I'm waiting for him to get me one!

i llike tthe short box trucks myself. You do some amazing work! Great attention to details. I'm sorry to hear about your dad and uncle. Great that you were able to get info from from him before he passed tho. I'm sure your dad would be tickled pink by your work. Another thing to keep in mind if you haven't already is looking around on ebay. There's a seller called bnl resins that does great work and of coarse plenty of other sources on there as well. Have you worked with any photo etched parts? I have a 70.5 camaro I'm stashing parts to build. There's a photo etch pack I want for it. Comes with car keys and emblems and all kinds of stuff. What do you use for your lines? They're great. The filters and everything are stunning. Especially your electrical in the engine bay! Really great job! I use coated metal wire from a craft store but need a better variety of sizes.

i llike tthe short box trucks myself. You do some amazing work! Great attention to details. I'm sorry to hear about your dad and uncle. Great that you were able to get info from from him before he passed tho. I'm sure your dad would be tickled pink by your work. Another thing to keep in mind if you haven't already is looking around on ebay. There's a seller called bnl resins that does great work and of coarse plenty of other sources on there as well. Have you worked with any photo etched parts? I have a 70.5 camaro I'm stashing parts to build. There's a photo etch pack I want for it. Comes with car keys and emblems and all kinds of stuff. What do you use for your lines? They're great. The filters and everything are stunning. Especially your electrical in the engine bay! Really great job! I use coated metal wire from a craft store but need a better variety of sizes.

Wow.........ANOTHER neighbor! I am from Readsboro, VT, about an hour west of Keene. We go there for the NECBL games to watch our team, the North Adams Steeplecats play the Swampbats. I love the look of that Dodge............gonna be a great build when done. Had a few Dodges myself, but the last one, a 2006 with the Hemi, was such a POS I decided never to go back. Always had been a GM guy, and decided not to wander away again! Am building a scale version of the previous GMC I had, http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/119633-1985-gmc-k3500-pickup/. Keep up the great work!

Jeremy, Thanks man! I appreciate it, you do some nice work yourself! As for my Dad & Uncle, well, Dad I'll probably never get over, (its going on 3 years now and it still hurts) The Uncle just last year, and he's actually in a better place, not suffering anymore (Dad was in pretty good health, or so we thought!) The Uncle struggled with it for at least 20 years..... SO, not hard-hearted, just glad to see the Uncle not suffering anymore, both however are in a better place in that sense....

I am glad, I picked the brains of both of them! The Uncle got the brunt of it tho, and he enjoyed it I know as we had some good laughs over it, but I got to talkin' with Dad when alive on the Dodge as I WAS going to give him the set of them, His & Mine For Fathers Day that year he passed! He unfortunately passed away March 20th 2014, but I never got them done and then once he had passed, I decided to sit down and literally go all outs on as much detail as I could possibly dump into either of them.... They have there own little "Dust" cabinet above my work bench so I know there sitting and waiting to be worked on again, as I can... Right now, on that build, I'm stuck on one detail and I KNOW I'll find something! Dad was known to "wrap" his steering wheels on his trucks, ALL of the trucks over time, and sadly thats one detail I WILL add to his '79, I just got to actively look for something better then what I have! As I'm not happy with the looks of it. And for the 2 trucks, they're being built simultaneously that way in the end, I can paint them both black at the same time as well as doe the BMF on them at the same time and they'll be completed within hours of each other!

LOL @ BnL Resin's, I know good ole Ben pretty good!!!! LOL We both make our own Resin parts a lot, (I only do Mopar engine parts, and transmissions right now, but I'm expanding a little into grilles and bumpers and tail light panels.... I have but one grille right now thats ready to go.... BUT I can't do much bigger then that, I've not got the tools for it,....

Thanks for the compliments on my wiring/plumbing work on the models, you think the engines in those 2 trucks are something? Have a look at a truck I'm build a model of, using the SAME body, as the one I owned as well as making the model of it..... This I called my "Dream Truck" if money at the time was no issue.... This is how I'da then built it:

LOL yes thats a 528 Hemi with TWIN 6 packs LOL (I know the 12 pack might not have done so well low RPM) LOL As its a Crawler, and that same truck is getting TSL Super Swamper Boggers on it..... With a Willock Swivel-Frame to boot! -Whys I call it my Dream truck. Altho, Ma Mopar was going to make the 426 Wedge (Before it became the Hemi) to have a intake to have four, 4 barrel AFB Carburetors on it! -I kinda wonder if that had been done and fully tested where it may have gone.....? Questions unanswered.... 

I have done some with photo etch parts mostly wire looms, I have yet to go in for the whole car keys and all that yet... BUT I have a set to a Plymouth I'll be playin' with soon enough!

My electricals? OMG man... thats a loaded question..... I use 30 gauge wire for ALL of my plug wires, anything bigger looks out of place, and then from there I set the "size" in conjunction with the size of the plug wires whether the wire, hose whatever wire, is to be be bigger or smaller in diameter from the plug wire diameter.... I could set out on one of my builds and signify what gauge wire I used for a tutorial at some point on the next go around..... As right now, I'm finishing up 2 models right close together back-to-back.....

Well hello neighbor! I've always been a gm guy as well! Not as much for the newer cars and trucks as the older ones. Only owned two ford's and one of which (an 89 full sized bronco) left me walking out of the woods every time I'd take it out. The other was a 97 probe... which in all reality was a Mazda mx6 in ford sheet metal. For the most part it was garbage as well. As for g.m.s I've had plenty, an 83 grand prix, an 84 berlinetta camaro, an 85 firebird base with a 305 4 barrel and 5 speed hard top, an 87 firebird formula, an 87 cutlass supreme( that shared the Monte underpinnings) an 86 gmc s-15, a 91 two door s-10 blazer and an 04 impala ss. As far as dodge I've had a 93 dynasty, a 96 plymouth neon, a 98 ram, and now my 04 ram. I miss my bird. Loved that car. Didn't love the electrical issues. Miss that tuned port tho. My motorcycle mechanic has an 05 ram and hates his. Said he's had to put a new front end in it like 3 times. Mine has the independent front suspension so I have a rack and pinion unlike his. Knock on wood, the only problem I'm having with mine is rust in the rear wheel arches. Your k3500 is coming along really nicely! I do love them square body chevys! Are the wheels resin?

Jeremy, Thanks man! I appreciate it, you do some nice work yourself! As for my Dad & Uncle, well, Dad I'll probably never get over, (its going on 3 years now and it still hurts) The Uncle just last year, and he's actually in a better place, not suffering anymore (Dad was in pretty good health, or so we thought!) The Uncle struggled with it for at least 20 years..... SO, not hard-hearted, just glad to see the Uncle not suffering anymore, both however are in a better place in that sense....

I am glad, I picked the brains of both of them! The Uncle got the brunt of it tho, and he enjoyed it I know as we had some good laughs over it, but I got to talkin' with Dad when alive on the Dodge as I WAS going to give him the set of them, His & Mine For Fathers Day that year he passed! He unfortunately passed away March 20th 2014, but I never got them done and then once he had passed, I decided to sit down and literally go all outs on as much detail as I could possibly dump into either of them.... They have there own little "Dust" cabinet above my work bench so I know there sitting and waiting to be worked on again, as I can... Right now, on that build, I'm stuck on one detail and I KNOW I'll find something! Dad was known to "wrap" his steering wheels on his trucks, ALL of the trucks over time, and sadly thats one detail I WILL add to his '79, I just got to actively look for something better then what I have! As I'm not happy with the looks of it. And for the 2 trucks, they're being built simultaneously that way in the end, I can paint them both black at the same time as well as doe the BMF on them at the same time and they'll be completed within hours of each other!

LOL @ BnL Resin's, I know good ole Ben pretty good!!!! LOL We both make our own Resin parts a lot, (I only do Mopar engine parts, and transmissions right now, but I'm expanding a little into grilles and bumpers and tail light panels.... I have but one grille right now thats ready to go.... BUT I can't do much bigger then that, I've not got the tools for it,....

Thanks for the compliments on my wiring/plumbing work on the models, you think the engines in those 2 trucks are something? Have a look at a truck I'm build a model of, using the SAME body, as the one I owned as well as making the model of it..... This I called my "Dream Truck" if money at the time was no issue.... This is how I'da then built it:

LOL yes thats a 528 Hemi with TWIN 6 packs LOL (I know the 12 pack might not have done so well low RPM) LOL As its a Crawler, and that same truck is getting TSL Super Swamper Boggers on it..... With a Willock Swivel-Frame to boot! -Whys I call it my Dream truck. Altho, Ma Mopar was going to make the 426 Wedge (Before it became the Hemi) to have a intake to have four, 4 barrel AFB Carburetors on it! -I kinda wonder if that had been done and fully tested where it may have gone.....? Questions unanswered.... 

I have done some with photo etch parts mostly wire looms, I have yet to go in for the whole car keys and all that yet... BUT I have a set to a Plymouth I'll be playin' with soon enough!

My electricals? OMG man... thats a loaded question..... I use 30 gauge wire for ALL of my plug wires, anything bigger looks out of place, and then from there I set the "size" in conjunction with the size of the plug wires whether the wire, hose whatever wire, is to be be bigger or smaller in diameter from the plug wire diameter.... I could set out on one of my builds and signify what gauge wire I used for a tutorial at some point on the next go around..... As right now, I'm finishing up 2 models right close together back-to-back.....

Well thank you for the compliments! I'm definitely getting better little by little. It's funny for me to go thru my parts bin and look at some of the things in the past I thought looked good. Now that I'm where I am in my skill set I have to laugh. I got into building because my mother and her at the time boyfriend used to build. I remember my very first model, a 63 split window vette. Gloss black with dice on the hood. Red interior.... but I messed it up probably 2 days after building... or somewhat building it lol. I see so many great builds on here. Skills displayed I can only hope to get to and I'm sure I will... like I said your attention to detail is mind blowing. I'm sure you'll have an epiphany on the steering wheel and it'll come to you. Let me ask you, do you mean he used to wrap them in the such as with leather? If so I'll pick my brain and see if I can give you some sort of help on the subject if you'd like. And let's talk about that 528 hemi!!! That's insane! Gotta love mother Mopar! M:assively O:ver P:owered A:nd R:espected lol I love your icon of the elephant for the 426 hemi. Not everyone would get that reference! I haven't used the photo etch parts yet. I will but not yet. Too many loose ends to tie up before opening those doors... I'm currently "working" on a few projects at the moment. I'd love to finish up my 69 camaro convertible, but don't want to just rush it to completion. Things like this ram here are kinda just the "get the old collection back" types of deals. I had the 1/8 scale iroc back in the day. I kick myself in the rear everyday about that car. My mother got it for me one year for Christmas. I'll never forget opening that and being so elated I though I was going to pass out lol. Then I built it but left it the molded black color with the molded red interior. Nowhere near what I'd want in a camaro... then left it in the back window of my 1:1 firechicken and it melted in the sun... ? now I know they're a $200 kit and not overly easy to find. Makes me mad at the younger me. I've found two 1/16 83 berlinetta camaros on ebay. The next time I find one I'm grabbing it to build for my mother. She had an 84 that had a lot of sentimental value to her. My birthday is usually on mother's day but not always, and I'd love to give it to her then. So I hear ya on the giving your dad the set on father's day. I reached out to Ben once to see if he'd mold me an axle set for a independent front suspension for an f-150. He said he didn't have time to make custom things like that, to which I said I understand. I ended up cutting mine up from a revell bronco kit. Came out okay. I'll put up a pic of some line work I've done on a 73 gtx. Did the ignition wires, brake lines, battery cables/starter wires, fuel lines and tranny cooler lines. 

Well thank you for the compliments! I'm definitely getting better little by little. It's funny for me to go thru my parts bin and look at some of the things in the past I thought looked good. Now that I'm where I am in my skill set I have to laugh. I got into building because my mother and her at the time boyfriend used to build. I remember my very first model, a 63 split window vette. Gloss black with dice on the hood. Red interior.... but I messed it up probably 2 days after building... or somewhat building it lol. I see so many great builds on here. Skills displayed I can only hope to get to and I'm sure I will... like I said your attention to detail is mind blowing. I'm sure you'll have an epiphany on the steering wheel and it'll come to you. Let me ask you, do you mean he used to wrap them in the such as with leather? If so I'll pick my brain and see if I can give you some sort of help on the subject if you'd like. And let's talk about that 528 hemi!!! That's insane! Gotta love mother Mopar! M:assively O:ver P:owered A:nd R:espected lol I love your icon of the elephant for the 426 hemi. Not everyone would get that reference! I haven't used the photo etch parts yet. I will but not yet. Too many loose ends to tie up before opening those doors... I'm currently "working" on a few projects at the moment. I'd love to finish up my 69 camaro convertible, but don't want to just rush it to completion. Things like this ram here are kinda just the "get the old collection back" types of deals. I had the 1/8 scale iroc back in the day. I kick myself in the rear everyday about that car. My mother got it for me one year for Christmas. I'll never forget opening that and being so elated I though I was going to pass out lol. Then I built it but left it the molded black color with the molded red interior. Nowhere near what I'd want in a camaro... then left it in the back window of my 1:1 firechicken and it melted in the sun... ? now I know they're a $200 kit and not overly easy to find. Makes me mad at the younger me. I've found two 1/16 83 berlinetta camaros on ebay. The next time I find one I'm grabbing it to build for my mother. She had an 84 that had a lot of sentimental value to her. My birthday is usually on mother's day but not always, and I'd love to give it to her then. So I hear ya on the giving your dad the set on father's day. I reached out to Ben once to see if he'd mold me an axle set for a independent front suspension for an f-150. He said he didn't have time to make custom things like that, to which I said I understand. I ended up cutting mine up from a revell bronco kit. Came out okay. I'll put up a pic of some line work I've done on a 73 gtx. Did the ignition wires, brake lines, battery cables/starter wires, fuel lines and tranny cooler lines. 

Jeremy,

Well the work you're doing to that VTS takes time! The finish you got sitting there isn't easily gotten once in awhile ya get lucky but as a painter, you have to work at it to get that kinda outcome! Granted, I come off as a "truck" guy and really I am, BUT, I also have my love of cars too. right now, I was working on 3 at a time. in "Round Robin" fashion, work on #1 till it needs to sit, then pick up #2 and do the same till it needs to sit, then pick up #3, and work till it needs to sit. Once I get through 3 of them, that #1 is ready to go again! All 3 of those current ones are cars.... A '68 Roadrunner, a '78 Monaco (Rosco Police Interceptor), and a '68 Dart (one like my Dad once owned!) BUT I had to stop on the '68 Dart, (I ran out of Gloss Clear lacquer and need to pick some up when I get paid! As I got just enough to finish the other 2 without needing more. (I'm down to clear coating the hoods of the other 2 now!) All 3 of those builds are posted here too! LOL Have a look:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/107234-1968-plymouth-roadrunner-new-progress-2-8-2017/

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/119650-roscos-patrol-car-1978-dodge-monaco-new-progress-2-8-2017/

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/116489-my-dads-1968-dodge-dart-new-progress-1-15-2017/

I however do get into the trucks tho. the Father & Son set as well as my Dream truck aren't the only ones I've got in the works, just haven't worked on them this year yet! -As I haven't worked on any trucks this year! (Pick-up truck, or SUV!)

You mean my Avatar for the "icon" you mentioned? LOL Yeah, the 426 Hemi wasn't called the "Elephant" for nothing! Speaking of the photo-etched parts, (I myself LOVE the plug wire looms!) BUT you look at most my builds they're included, BUT I can tell you a trick to use them, without using the actual parts, just to get the hang of it...... Go to Home Depot, and look for a package of thee smallest diameter heat shrink tubing they have... Then you can cut it into small 1 MM sections and slip your plug wires through it and believe it or not, looks pretty good! I use it on occasion if I have no plug wire looms on my lessor "valued" models.... OR ones you don't want that added "bling" to the look! The heat shrink tubing looks like a loom, a basic one but it goes to the looks then just leaving all the wires loose....

Thats priceless for your father and you being born on Mothers Day!  With a lot of my models some being built, others planned, I sat out the same Fathers Day I was going to give Dad the Father & Son set, I opted to set out and build, all the significant cars in model form that all my family had that I can find, or make from a "base" kit, among others as well, as not all my models are of those Family members have owned, but there are a good portion of them that are!

Yeah Ben over at BnL molds a lot of whats already made for his master copies, (I can't blame him as a molder myself), I know right what he's talking about and referring too. I do a lot of my own "Mastering" too.... -Takes time and a lot of it to do the master copies right....

Sad you lost that Camaro in the sun. sunlight, through a window is dangerous to our models! I too found that out over 20 years ago with a kit I had bought and left the box open and sat it on the package shelf and well, the whole thing was distorted out of useable shape by the time I got home! -Lesson learned......the hard way!

The high end kits I have a difficult time with, I can't justify $50 plus for any model, nor do I have that kinda $$$ to spend, BUT I have made some good trades on getting a few kits that are sought after & collected up..... Dodge Vans being one of such models..........any of them!  Reason for lookin for vans was well that same Uncle that recently passed away back in the day had a '76 Dodge Tradesman 300......... that same van was made as a model by MPC back in the 80's if I remember correctly! And today they're expensive to get when ya do find them! I got a rebuilder kit (previously built and falling apart) in good shape with nothing missing or broken, and unpainted to use to start that one. all for a trade of my resin parts! Which will pull a trailer around I scratchbuilt for it.... that I started the day before Thanksgiving last year! (Needed a short break of the tedious work on what I was then working on!)

Look forward in seeing the '73 GTX! (I have that car (I THINK) thats the '74 Roadrunner used as the first Daisy Duke car for the Dukes of Hazzard!

Jeremy,

Well the work you're doing to that VTS takes time! The finish you got sitting there isn't easily gotten once in awhile ya get lucky but as a painter, you have to work at it to get that kinda outcome! Granted, I come off as a "truck" guy and really I am, BUT, I also have my love of cars too. right now, I was working on 3 at a time. in "Round Robin" fashion, work on #1 till it needs to sit, then pick up #2 and do the same till it needs to sit, then pick up #3, and work till it needs to sit. Once I get through 3 of them, that #1 is ready to go again! All 3 of those current ones are cars.... A '68 Roadrunner, a '78 Monaco (Rosco Police Interceptor), and a '68 Dart (one like my Dad once owned!) BUT I had to stop on the '68 Dart, (I ran out of Gloss Clear lacquer and need to pick some up when I get paid! As I got just enough to finish the other 2 without needing more. (I'm down to clear coating the hoods of the other 2 now!) All 3 of those builds are posted here too! LOL Have a look:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/107234-1968-plymouth-roadrunner-new-progress-2-8-2017/

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/119650-roscos-patrol-car-1978-dodge-monaco-new-progress-2-8-2017/

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/116489-my-dads-1968-dodge-dart-new-progress-1-15-2017/

I however do get into the trucks tho. the Father & Son set as well as my Dream truck aren't the only ones I've got in the works, just haven't worked on them this year yet! -As I haven't worked on any trucks this year! (Pick-up truck, or SUV!)

You mean my Avatar for the "icon" you mentioned? LOL Yeah, the 426 Hemi wasn't called the "Elephant" for nothing! Speaking of the photo-etched parts, (I myself LOVE the plug wire looms!) BUT you look at most my builds they're included, BUT I can tell you a trick to use them, without using the actual parts, just to get the hang of it...... Go to Home Depot, and look for a package of thee smallest diameter heat shrink tubing they have... Then you can cut it into small 1 MM sections and slip your plug wires through it and believe it or not, looks pretty good! I use it on occasion if I have no plug wire looms on my lessor "valued" models.... OR ones you don't want that added "bling" to the look! The heat shrink tubing looks like a loom, a basic one but it goes to the looks then just leaving all the wires loose....

Thats priceless for your father and you being born on Mothers Day!  With a lot of my models some being built, others planned, I sat out the same Fathers Day I was going to give Dad the Father & Son set, I opted to set out and build, all the significant cars in model form that all my family had that I can find, or make from a "base" kit, among others as well, as not all my models are of those Family members have owned, but there are a good portion of them that are!

Yeah Ben over at BnL molds a lot of whats already made for his master copies, (I can't blame him as a molder myself), I know right what he's talking about and referring too. I do a lot of my own "Mastering" too.... -Takes time and a lot of it to do the master copies right....

Sad you lost that Camaro in the sun. sunlight, through a window is dangerous to our models! I too found that out over 20 years ago with a kit I had bought and left the box open and sat it on the package shelf and well, the whole thing was distorted out of useable shape by the time I got home! -Lesson learned......the hard way!

The high end kits I have a difficult time with, I can't justify $50 plus for any model, nor do I have that kinda $$$ to spend, BUT I have made some good trades on getting a few kits that are sought after & collected up..... Dodge Vans being one of such models..........any of them!  Reason for lookin for vans was well that same Uncle that recently passed away back in the day had a '76 Dodge Tradesman 300......... that same van was made as a model by MPC back in the 80's if I remember correctly! And today they're expensive to get when ya do find them! I got a rebuilder kit (previously built and falling apart) in good shape with nothing missing or broken, and unpainted to use to start that one. all for a trade of my resin parts! Which will pull a trailer around I scratchbuilt for it.... that I started the day before Thanksgiving last year! (Needed a short break of the tedious work on what I was then working on!)

Look forward in seeing the '73 GTX! (I have that car (I THINK) thats the '74 Roadrunner used as the first Daisy Duke car for the Dukes of Hazzard!

amazing work man! Just incredible! I'll post those gtx pics in the under glass section if you want to check it out... I did a 67 as well but really messed up the paint when I sprayed the clear. From now on I just use future as my clear coat instead.

Absolutely! post the pics of the GTX! 

OK dang it. LOL you mentioned Future where in this state do I find it? 

I myself stay tight with Testors paint, you can not mix Krylon "Krapon" with anything, it doesn't play well with others, BUT I have yet to see Testors have an issue! But that too, I been using Testors for a LONG Time! over 30 years now!!!! Been playin' with the stuff since I was just over 8 years old!

Absolutely! post the pics of the GTX! 

OK dang it. LOL you mentioned Future where in this state do I find it? 

I myself stay tight with Testors paint, you can not mix Krylon "Krapon" with anything, it doesn't play well with others, BUT I have yet to see Testors have an issue! But that too, I been using Testors for a LONG Time! over 30 years now!!!! Been playin' with the stuff since I was just over 8 years old!

LOL I put the pics of the gtx in the car forums under glass section. I mislabeled it though. I thought it was a 73 buts actually a 71. Which I thought it might have been as I was posting it.

I'm pretty close with Testors also. All I've ever used with the exception of a few sprays. Usually if I don't go testors spray I'll use duplicolor automotive. I've also used a couple tamiya paints. I don't mind them. I have transparent red, yellow, and clear gloss from them. 

As for the future, it's not called future anymore. Now it's pledge with future shine. Clear bottle blue and white label. After using it I'll never use anything else. It's an acrylic gloss that acts as a clear coat, it's paintable, it'll "glue" parts together and is safe on clear parts. It actually gives your clear parts a more realistic feel to them. I use it to secure clear parts like headlights on so I don't have to worry about clouding. Truly amazing stuff. And if it doesn't come out the way you'd like, take some windex to it and it'll come right off! I get mine at walmart.

LOL I put the pics of the gtx in the car forums under glass section. I mislabeled it though. I thought it was a 73 buts actually a 71. Which I thought it might have been as I was posting it.

I'm pretty close with Testors also. All I've ever used with the exception of a few sprays. Usually if I don't go testors spray I'll use duplicolor automotive. I've also used a couple tamiya paints. I don't mind them. I have transparent red, yellow, and clear gloss from them. 

As for the future, it's not called future anymore. Now it's pledge with future shine. Clear bottle blue and white label. After using it I'll never use anything else. It's an acrylic gloss that acts as a clear coat, it's paintable, it'll "glue" parts together and is safe on clear parts. It actually gives your clear parts a more realistic feel to them. I use it to secure clear parts like headlights on so I don't have to worry about clouding. Truly amazing stuff. And if it doesn't come out the way you'd like, take some windex to it and it'll come right off! I get mine at walmart.

-Will go have a look at the GTX! The future floor shaine I know its by Pledge but no where have I found it local to me and you being within the same state well I had to ask as all the places I've gone to get it, look at me like I have 4 heads asking for Pledge with Future shine....

I'm die hard Testors..... Them and Rustoleum come out of the same paint mixing lab.....

Frame of the VTS is looking good!!!!!

Lmao I can send you some if you'd like. And thanks the ram is coming along lol I Didn't realize rustoleum came outta the same lab testors did. No wonder I like them.

I know it right, LMAO on the Pledge Future shine..... I mean really I've gone to EVERYWHERE within 20 miles of where I live..... Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, Aubuchon Hardware, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Even Big Lots, Ocean State Job Lots, and no one in any one of the stores knew what I was asking for! They mentioned "Pledge" as a polish but not for floor care! And I told 'em that, yes, for floor care, as a clear coating, thats about the time they gave me the look as tho I had 4 heads LOL -MOST of them told me they never heard of "Future Shine"...... And those people that said it worked in the Lowes, Home Depot, and the Hardware stores believe it or not....

Whats something like that cost down your way?  -PM me on it!

I know it right, LMAO on the Pledge Future shine..... I mean really I've gone to EVERYWHERE within 20 miles of where I live..... Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, Aubuchon Hardware, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Even Big Lots, Ocean State Job Lots, and no one in any one of the stores knew what I was asking for! They mentioned "Pledge" as a polish but not for floor care! And I told 'em that, yes, for floor care, as a clear coating, thats about the time they gave me the look as tho I had 4 heads LOL -MOST of them told me they never heard of "Future Shine"...... And those people that said it worked in the Lowes, Home Depot, and the Hardware stores believe it or not....

Whats something like that cost down your way?  -PM me on it!

lmao literally laughed out loud. That's a pain in the rear. I'll take a peek next time I'm at wally world. My store definitely had it last I knew. A little goes a real long way too. It's not too expensive either. Probably around 5 or 6 bucks.. I'll shoot you a message.

Just go to the area with the cleaning supplies, it is just vinyl and tile floor finisher, here's what it looks like:

IMG_0797.jpg

I guess I'm not surprised that people don't know where it is, most probably wouldn't have used it at all since it seems to have gone by the wayside to keep your floors coated.

Edited by Jordan White