Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pu Pu Platter - 69 442 from Leftovers

Kmb0319

Well, I'll make this short.  I bought the AMT 69 442, as I'm trying to do something with the MPC 72 GTO, and heard it was the best donor chassis.  SO, now I have half a Cutlass.  Can I make something of it?  Let's just say "don't look behind the curtain."  Or in this case, underneath.  I used the MPC GTO chassis, which has the right wheelbase, but is narrower than the 442 body and too long.  I cut some lenghth off, as the chassis plate had a wierd amount of space after the gas tank.  I used the Cutlass kit body, engine and interior...  since the chassis was too narrow, I glued the interior in, and then glued the chassis to the interior.  The firewall and radiator are from the GTO.  The last issue was that since the chassis was too narrow, the tires were sunk way inside the fenders.  I wasn't going to put too much effort in... just wanted something to look OK on the shelf, so I glued another wheel back to the wheel backs, and they set at the right spot.  Easy, quick...  just don't turn her over.  Color is Duplicolor dark turquoise.  Also just realized I need to paint the amber onto the front marker lights.

69_442_1.thumb.jpg.9f9b40683d4edb4b3734c

69_442_3.thumb.jpg.f2e01370b403f4567b9fa

Right after I took this one, I tucked the exhaust pipes up into the bumper... oops.

69_442_5.thumb.jpg.19e8a9404586513bdc692

Put her on the shelf with her prettier younger sister:

69_442_4.thumb.jpg.20779f9791c11437025c9

On to the next.