Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Chevy Proton- A Fictional Nuclear Powered Car (Photos Restored)


David G.
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, David G. said:

Thanks for your comment Patrick, I got a chuckle out of it.

David G.

Couldn't help thinking of BTTF while reading your post.

Thanks again for updating your threads for us, makes the old posts more enjoyable to read!

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Excellent.

Thank you David.

 

18 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Couldn't help thinking of BTTF while reading your post.

Thanks again for updating your threads for us, makes the old posts more enjoyable to read!

👍

You're welcome Patrick. I'm glad you appreciate the effort.

David G.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Zippi said:

That's pretty kewl Dave.  Guess I should try my hand at doing some mods on these kits but heck.....I'm having a tough time just getting a box stock kit together ☺  

Thank you Bob. I'm not sure that I could do another one like this myself. A project such as this takes a good bit of mental energy, probably more than I currently have access to.

David G. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Thanks for updating this, I had missed it the first time. Fantastic work on it!

X2...I don't know HOW I missed this the first time, but once again, thanks for bringing it back! I love these kinds of just-for-purest-fun builds, and this one is right on for your source inspiration. Very cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Thanks for updating this, I had missed it the first time. Fantastic work on it!

Thank you Bill.

14 hours ago, bisc63 said:

X2...I don't know HOW I missed this the first time, but once again, thanks for bringing it back! I love these kinds of just-for-purest-fun builds, and this one is right on for your source inspiration. Very cool.

Thanks Rusty, I'm glad to know that you like it.

*****

An additional thanks to all who have supported me in this thread renewal project.  When I started renewing the photos in my old threads, I was concerned about getting hit with loads of "zombie thread" and "beating a dead horse" comments but all the responses I've received have been positive and I appreciate that. 

Thank You,

David G.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, I wish more people would (or could) take the time to restore photos to threads that were ravaged by the PhotoBucket fiasco; we lost a lot of valuable reference. Nothing gripes me more than finding an interesting thread in a search, only to find all the pics gone. AAAARRRGGHHH!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Actually, I wish more people would (or could) take the time to restore photos to threads that were ravaged by the PhotoBucket fiasco; we lost a lot of valuable reference. Nothing gripes me more than finding an interesting thread in a search, only to find all the pics gone. AAAARRRGGHHH!

Same here, there were so many great pics lost to that whole mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2021 at 10:40 PM, bisc63 said:

Actually, I wish more people would (or could) take the time to restore photos to threads that were ravaged by the PhotoBucket fiasco; we lost a lot of valuable reference. Nothing gripes me more than finding an interesting thread in a search, only to find all the pics gone. AAAARRRGGHHH!

 

7 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Same here, there were so many great pics lost to that whole mess.

Thanks Bill and Rusty. I know that there have been a couple of other members who have gone back and restored some of their threads so maybe it's the start of a trend. Of course there are some threads that we'll never get back and that's no small loss, but we don't have to lose them all.

I certainly do appreciate your feedback, thanks for taking the time to offer it.

David G.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...