Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT American La France Pumper Re-issue?

I spoke with a round 2 rep at a show last spring and he mentioned they planned to eventually release all three in the series. The Aerochief was on display, and I believe the pumper was next. I don't remember the third exactly but I think it was the ladder truck. AMT only made three variations, right?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently saw a photo of 2017 scheduled models in which the AMT American LaFrance Pumper was featured.  Can anyone confirm this?  Thanks!

Stevens has it listed as a future release, and others likely do too:

AMT-10531/25 American LaFrance Pumper Fire Truck
Edited by Casey

Yes, I would say that Round2 WILL re-issue the other 2 ALF kits soon

Both will likely be Retro-Deluxe with Original Box Art like the Aero- Chief we got

last Feb (1 year ago)

I wonder how long before we get a Deluxe Combined Aerial kit

that can be built as Either Ladder Chief or Aero Chief!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What would be really nice is if someone (Model Car Garage, maybe?) would offer a P/E set for the American-LaFrance logos for the 900 & 1000 series cabs.  This would be useful on all of the AMT American-LaFrance kits.

I have been trying to get a couple of the photo etchers to produce a set of all of the fire apparatus manufacturers badges. I photographed and measured each one when my antique fire apparatus club hosted a national muster several years ago but I can't get anyone interested. It's like the Beacon ray decal and Federal siren decal that come in the Revell 57 Ford Police/Fire issue. We need a whole sheet of these not one in each kit.......