Model Cars Magazine Forum

'85 Pontiac Fiero GT

Scalper

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Foxer said:

That black trim looks razor sharp .. nice job masking!

I just had a masking trim nightmare on a '92 Crown Vic that I refused to even take a photo of ...

Thanks Foxer. I do not mask anymore I refuse too.  All free hand with the outer trim traced with a fine black ink pen.  Then I paint between the lines.  Try it on your crown Vic. Might save you the hassle 

21 hours ago, Scalper said:

Thanks Foxer. I do not mask anymore I refuse too.  All free hand with the outer trim traced with a fine black ink pen.  Then I paint between the lines.  Try it on your crown Vic. Might save you the hassle 

I think that's how I'll repair it in the end. I used to draw a mean line with paint, my Dad always made me do the window trim on the house. My hand isn't as steady any more, thou   erheh

Nice to see progress on this. I have a Fiero that I've owned for 23 years now. It's a mild custom and has over 235,000 miles on it. I started building a model that will come very close to mine but set it aside a while ago. I just found wheels that are very close to mine and plan to restart it in a couple of months.

Good luck with yours, it's looking great.

• 3 years later...