Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete Phillips: "Short Sweetie" on the Bench: 2/6/17

John Teresi

Hello.......this is on the Bench: Pete Phillips "Short Sweetie" from the 1960`s.......I was asked by Mark Gustavason .......if I would like to build a clone of  Pete Phillip`s: "Short Sweetie"  for the "Clone the Past" program........when finished it will be added to the "National Model Car Builders Museum"........all the parts were donated by Gordon Clark......thank you Gordon .......I will have this done for this years GSL presentation of the "Clone the Past" program.........I have built one already for the "Clone the Past " program it was Jack Herndon`s: "Hybrid Special" also from the mid 1960`s..........it sits in the museum as well........the last couple of pictures are of Jack Herndon`s : "Hybrid Special " that I build 2 years ago.......thanks for looking

DSCF2980_zpsjqu5sl1t.jpg

DSCF2981_zpsu7qgzyvt.jpg

DSCF2984_zpsv7eof1nv.jpg

DSCF2985_zpsevldlr8a.jpg

DSCF3329_zpscviqszej.jpg

DSCF3480_zpstjeb53wf.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thanks guys for the interest and the kind comments.......I really do appreciate it:)........I modified the front fenders to add headlights using the Ford Rear Bumper that Gordon provided.......I attached the skirts and  cut open the roof for the Sun Roof........I will chop the top tomorrow and open the doors.......thanks for looking

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I cut the doors out and chopped the top 1/8 of an inch  like the original model.........I hinged the tailgate........I modified the firewall like the original model......the firewall that Pete used was to small and did not fit correctly .......so he used a postcard and alluminum foil to fill the gap around the firewall that he used..... I used the same method since the Clone program  wants almost everything exactly like the original model .......I will hinnge the doors and work on the grill tomorrow.......thanks for looking

DSCF3017_zps0rtdwthm.jpg

DSCF3021_zps4nxq4ssj.jpg

DSCF3022_zpskpzg7xxt.jpg

DSCF3024_zpsgisxtsd6.jpg

Edited by John Teresi